Locating downed craft

Reaction score
What do people do about locating crafts which do flyaways or drop out of the sky.

I wondered about the merits of adding a beeper on board which would allow it to beep out if a searcher was within 40m

Is there a better idea?

What about RF conflict ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Credit-Card-S ... 2a1a514260

Just had a flyaway incident recently. Flying over heavily wooded and difficult terrain. It took 4 days of searching using "find my Phantom" feature , logic and a lot of swearing.

The find my phantom was integral in helping narrow down the location BUT it had fallen from a high altitude, FMP is only useful if your connection is working to Phantom and mine was intermittent, part of the reason I lost it in the first place.

I found the bird 4 days later JUST in time as it began snowing when I found it and would have been lost forever.

I ordered a PET TRACKER that I plan on using on ALL flights in the future. They're less than $100 and have a monthly fee but I will NEVER go through a search like that again. For me, worth it for the peace of mind. A beeper would have been useless in my situation as it was miles away in the woods.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.