LiveStream not to YouTube or Facebook

Reaction score
Could I get some help figuring out how to do custom LiveStream, the fifth choice on the "Select Live Broadcast Platform" on the three dot General Settings menu on the GO 4 app? I have a P4P, but will be using this on a P4, so hopefully the menu choices are the same.

It is asking for an RTMP URL. I have learned that this is a protocol for live streaming, and I would need a server to hook it up to.

Any recommendations on a live streaming service that supports this protocol?

The part I can't get my arms around is up linking to the server.

I have an IPad Mini 4 WI-FI.

For the short term, is the only thing needed to do is to turn on the hot spot on my cell phone and link the iPad to that, providing there is an adequate cell signal? I realize this will consume lots of data, so an unlimited plan is in order here.

For the long term, would an LTE hot spot, like a Verizon Jet Pack work?

Thank you in advance for any tips on this.

Could I get some help figuring out how to do custom LiveStream, the fifth choice on the "Select Live Broadcast Platform" on the three dot General Settings menu on the GO 4 app? I have a P4P, but will be using this on a P4, so hopefully the menu choices are the same.

It is asking for an RTMP URL. I have learned that this is a protocol for live streaming, and I would need a server to hook it up to.

Any recommendations on a live streaming service that supports this protocol?

The part I can't get my arms around is up linking to the server.

I have an IPad Mini 4 WI-FI.

For the short term, is the only thing needed to do is to turn on the hot spot on my cell phone and link the iPad to that, providing there is an adequate cell signal? I realize this will consume lots of data, so an unlimited plan is in order here.

For the long term, would an LTE hot spot, like a Verizon Jet Pack work?

Thank you in advance for any tips on this.

Did you have any luck with RTMP? I am trying for the first time to use the custom RTMP setting but since our live stream channel has a password with it, I don't know how to add the name and/or password to the RTMP url with the proper punctuation to let the stream connect. Any know how you had these items since the DJI interface does not ask for a stream name or password, but only one url?

Hi,

No luck so far, I am in the process of setting up a trial with Wowza.
One reply I received from a forum post there was this example:
rtmp://username:password@[wowza-address]:1935/live/myStream
But so far this is untested. Would appreciate any updates you find, no a lot of info that I can find regarding this topic.

Cheers.

trying again on the url

upload_2017-5-23_21-33-38.png

Hopefully by the end of June, we're just ensuring we fix all the bugs we know of before Beta release. Do sign up to the websites newsletter and we'll keep you updated!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic