Livestream - how low latency/lagging

Reaction score
Hi all

I just tested the livestream feature.
I can get as low as 9 sek delay from my ipad to Facebook stream (best) or Youtube stream (choppy), but I need to get lower.

How low latency can you perform and IF you get under 9 sek - how did you do that?

Cheers
Jesper

It seems to me the two things that would be an issue are:
1) The strength/reliability of your upload connection.
2) The horsepower/ram of the tablet and it's ability to juggle all the required tasks at once.

Don't think it's a bird-side issue..., but I could be wrong.

I use an s9+ and have absolutely no lag when live on fb. Its looks like a normal transmission....had a weird gltch with youtube tho it wasnt laggy but my 17 min video was only 3 min....def i think the better/faster the device the less lag....and out of all phones i had iphone/previous galaxys/nexus/pixel....the s9+ has the fastest upload, dl speeds and ram. I think that is why it plays nice with livestream.

Signal transmission will depend on how good the cell signal is and whether you're connected to a 'fast' tower or one of the older slower ones. Sometimes 5 bars of signal doesn't mean you'll get 60mb/s upstream. Sometimes only 6-10mb/s. Here in the rural areas, even if you're next to a tower, the data speeds test a lot slower than with the same signal strength in a city.
I find that quality of transmission is limited more by Facebook than by the transmission itself. Still, I've gotten decent video live streamed to FB, though I shoot D-log and it streams the unprocessed video, which doesn't look so hot.
Sometimes I get a good tower and the whole flight broadcasts seamlessly. The other day I was flying over my town, but the stream that FB recorded looked like it'd been edited several times. There were gaps in transmission. I had 4 bars of signal on my phone and was using the phone's wireless AP tethering. It's pretty slick to be able to do this stuff nowadays.. when I was growing up, something like this wasn't even in sci-fi. We had vacuum tubes!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4