Live streaming to Periscope. This is awesome.

Had a play around with it yesterday. All worked fine. Video quality is ok, stream was fine but I guess that's down to your mobile carrier.

Leaving out distance, height out of the telemetry is a good thing in my honest opinion as this may deter stupid flying live. The quad should be in line off sight and offenders going over 400ft may be deterred. I do miss my battery percentage though.

Last edited:
Reactions: aenbacka
Does it work with Android ? Do you have to use DJO Go or it works with Litchi also?

Last edited:
What is the data rate when streaming through the iPhone using ATT LTE?
Any way to record the video on the Phantom 3P SD card simultaneously?
Ron

I had the same problem everyone else had, I did it in my front yard so as to use my WiFi connection so that part worked but evertime I switched to the DJI Go App it shutdown the stream so I wait till there's a new update I guess!

Periscope doesn't work with the Go app, only the Periscope app itself. No telemetry data shown, so kind of risky. And only on iOS so far, I think. It worked pretty good for me. I used the Air 2 hot-spotted through the 6+. Had to use the phone for voice, it doesn't go through the Air 2 in that set up. Then decided to just use the phone, a lot easier and it worked fine. In just a couple of minutes I had like 64 live viewers. Be sure to name the broadcast before starting it.

Yeah. I did a short flight today on Periscope. It seemed buggy and I don't like not having the data that the DJI app provides. If they add simple info like altitude and speed, I'll use it more.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
And most important, battery level!!!

That would be sweet to use on my P4P. I have been using periscope for a while live streaming little league baseball games using a gopro5 mounted in a rack that hangs on the fence behind Home plate. The operation sequence goes like this mount camera, turn camera on,turn on gopro app formerly known as capture app. It links to camera using your cell (iPhone 7 plus) when ready to record hit the record button next press home button to minimize screen then from cell phone activate periscope app select option to start live recording name video then go live and away you go. Video is recorded to sd card on gopro and on your periscope account. Video on periscope is not great quality but good enough for folks at home that couldn’t attend game. The quality on the sd card is stellar.
I assume something similar would happen with djigo4 app. Then you would activate periscope app. The thing I don’t know is the video quality of periscope a function of periscope or djigo4 app. If the video is no better than what I get with with the baseball operation then it wouldn’t be much fun to watch on line. I would really enjoy the possibilities of sharing views from the sky. And by the way the video I get know with gopro and periscope is jumpy and at times freezes.
Thought I would share my experience thus far with periscope great tool needs work.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik