Live Broadcasting

Reaction score
Hello. I know my Ipad will not stream live facebook video. However, my Iphone 6s should. When I'm powered up and hovering I click live facebook broadcast. It tries to open but I receive message saying I'm not connected to internet. How can I have my wifi running the drone and access internet at same time? HELP please.

Hello. I know my Ipad will not stream live facebook video. However, my Iphone 6s should. When I'm powered up and hovering I click live facebook broadcast. It tries to open but I receive message saying I'm not connected to internet. How can I have my wifi running the drone and access internet at same time? HELP please.
As far as I know, an iOS device with cellular access should be able to connect to your drone's wifi and to your carrier's cellular network at the same time. I have a P3A and a P3P so never needed to test using both networks at once for live streaming, but I have read here and elsewhere that people have done it with their P3S and iOS devices.

A buddy of mine in Oregon had to do the below with his P3S / iPhone to make live steaming work to YouTube, but he only used it once because of severe lagging. I called him just now and got his process. Maybe try this while you wait for someone more knowledgeable to respond -or- for your own research to find the answer.
  1. Connect your iPhone to the drone's Wi-Fi as you normally do.

2. On your iPhone, go to SETTINGS, select Wi-Fi, then press the round blue INFO icon to the right of your drone's SSID.

3. Write down the IP address and the Subnet Mask address.

4. Select the STATIC option and enter ONLY the IP and Subnet Mask addresses you wrote down in step #3. Everything else should remain blank.
You should still be connected to your drone via wifi, but if you're not then connect again. Then try to use your iPhone to access the internet. Maybe do a random google search and see if you get results back. If you do, then you know that your phone is using the cellular network for internet access while maintaining the wifi connection to your drone.

Again, I have not had a need to do this myself. I am only passing along the info from my pal in Oregon who happens to have a birthday today so I had two reasons to give him a call just now. Try it at your own risk and blame him if it doesn't work. :)

As far as I know, an iOS device with cellular access should be able to connect to your drone's wifi and to your carrier's cellular network at the same time. I have a P3A and a P3P so never needed to test using both networks at once for live streaming, but I have read here and elsewhere that people have done it with their P3S and iOS devices.

A buddy of mine in Oregon had to do the below with his P3S / iPhone to make live steaming work to YouTube, but he only used it once because of severe lagging. I called him just now and got his process. Maybe try this while you wait for someone more knowledgeable to respond -or- for your own research to find the answer.
  1. Connect your iPhone to the drone's Wi-Fi as you normally do.

2. On your iPhone, go to SETTINGS, select Wi-Fi, then press the round blue INFO icon to the right of your drone's SSID.

3. Write down the IP address and the Subnet Mask address.

4. Select the STATIC option and enter ONLY the IP and Subnet Mask addresses you wrote down in step #3. Everything else should remain blank.
You should still be connected to your drone via wifi, but if you're not then connect again. Then try to use your iPhone to access the internet. Maybe do a random google search and see if you get results back. If you do, then you know that your phone is using the cellular network for internet access while maintaining the wifi connection to your drone.

Again, I have not had a need to do this myself. I am only passing along the info from my pal in Oregon who happens to have a birthday today so I had two reasons to give him a call just now. Try it at your own risk and blame him if it doesn't work. :)
I will give it a try. Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl