Little crack on a brand new Phantom 3 adv

Reaction score
Hi guys,
i bought a brand new Phantom 3 Advanced (no refurbished or used) last week-end and when i opened the box i noticed a very little crack on the shell, near one of the 4 motors (as you can see in the picture).
I know that this is a common problem in Phantom 3 series, but usually after some flight hours; so, it’s possible that my new P3A without flight hours has it? Did someone here have the same problem?
I fear that this crack could become bigger, do you think it’s really dangerous?
Thank you in advance

Attachments

• B2E213C5-7FC1-4167-9C46-87AE0B1BA79D.jpeg
    B2E213C5-7FC1-4167-9C46-87AE0B1BA79D.jpeg
    434.5 KB · Views: 458
It was either a demo, shelf display, or a returned unit.

I think that after some flights, that crack will travel. I'd reinforce it to stabilize it prior to running the aircraft.

Personally I would return it, if that is the case. By the way, I noticed you had motor covers on the Phantom. Did you buy those separately and install them yourself? The Phantoms don't come brand new with motor covers. That might be a hint if they were already there.

Yes, i bought them separately; the funny thing is that, before the P3A, i bought a P3S that was defective, with gimbal off and a little crack near the whole 4 motors. It was certainly a returned unit, because the box was badly close and also the stickers of the instructions was badly attacked. So i decided to return it back and to purchase the Advaced model, box really perfect, also the inside, but with this little crack :(

Some of the P3's have gotten cracks in them over time but I have never heard of one, out of the box, with a crack. I don't believe that one is brand new if that's what they told you. Return it for a NEW one

If it were any place but where it is, perfectly in line with a motor screw, I would try to patch it. But being that close to the screw and you have the chance to return it, do it.

The problem is that i’ve already flight with my Phantom (only 1 time) and the Dealer can’t replace it for this reason; what DJI could do?

You can always contact them and ask, although it might be a sticky situation.

I tried to contact Dji, waiting for an answer.
I fear it will take 2-3 weeks for the replacement, but what could i do to patch it? Without upset the design

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik