Litichi works 10x better with newer phones

Reaction score
Just would like to share my experience with litichi and may be able to explain why some people have problems with the app.
I had an iPhone 6 Plus for 2 years, (with barely any memory left on the phone) and I downloaded litichi. And noticed the app was laggy and the tracking feature would not work at all. Specifically when I was in tracking mode the screen would be 3-4 second delay causing the app to constantly search for me moving the gimbal up and down, flying the AC all over.

Now with my new phone (iPhone 7 plus) Litichi works flawless and tracking mode works amazing now and there is no lag.

Can't scientifically prove but I'm thinking tracking feature needs a lot of processing power that are only in brand new phones in order to work.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It's because the 7 is faster than than 6 and most phones. Isn't it supposed to be the fastest when it was released,right?

IDK, you said your iPhone 6 had barely any memory left. Sounds like you have a bunch of stuff bogging down the phone. I bet if you did a factory reset the iPhone 6 would work just as well as the 7 in regards to latency issues you had when it was fully loaded. The title of this thread is misleading without proof or side by side examples. 10x better? o_O

Reactions: Drone_King
While a newer phone with a faster processor would almost undoubtedly work better/faster (barring any software bugs), I'd venture to agree with RadRich. The most likely issue was the lack of available memory due to too many apps, pictures, and/or videos. My wife's phone (6s) periodically gets laggy and she doesn't fly any Phantoms. 2 days ago it was "acting up". I copied her 2500+ pictures to the computer, burned them to several CDs, then deleted them from her phone (emptying the "recently deleted" folder immediately afterwards). Now it works like it did when it was new. She's quite happy now.

I had a friend whose computer would slow to a crawl. Instead of deleting junk, he'd put in a new hard drive and re-install Windows. He had several "worn out" hard drives laying around. I could never convince him they weren't worn out, just full of crap.

So I use my iPhone 7 or my iPad Air 2 for flights and found mixed results with both. While all other modes except tracking work great on both phones, I find that tracking works a little better on the iPad vs the iPhone 7 (which is newer). I think it might be because of screen size and I can select a smaller box around the target with the iPad. I'll have to run more tests on these. Also, it seems to track adults better then kids (slow adults are the best). On both devices I have plenty of free room (at least 10 gigs...the iPhone has about 60 free gigs), so not sure it's a free size thing.

Maybe if I can get some volunteers this weekend I''ll do a iPad vs iPhone test.

UPDATE:
Found a video I did recently where I recorded the screen with litchi. It did the best I've ever seen in tracking me...BUT I did just run out of SD space so that might be why. Maybe it's an issue or speed between recording to the SD and tracking...here's the footage (go to 8m38s):

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl