Litchi...

@JohnnyB

Thanks for looking it over, It will be a while before I attempt it, If I do. Pick a quite day, actually I will make some short runs before, I have flown around his house in the past.

"dropping 300' in about a half mile"
Thanks, I have plotted much more way points through the whole route on other missions, I have learned a lot in the last couple of weeks.

Rod

Reactions: JohnnyB
I have learned a lot in the last couple of weeks.
Every day it seems I learn something new. It's exciting to get on here and get involved. Pretty cool to see where other people has to fly. I love the open fields you have around you. Wish I had more. Live in the hills and have to drive pretty much anytime I want to fly. Good luck pal.. post your flight when you finally do make it!
JB

Well, I had carefully plotted a mission around the neighborhood, I tried it now the 6th time, I finally got video all the way!

Original I had all POI set at the default 3' ground level, I got home just about dusk, modified quickly just few of the POI's from what I learned here.

The trees around my house are 125' - 150' so I set my RTH to 200'. 8-10 flights RTH gets activated.

My goal was to get a actually full length video.

Quality is poor, and for space I compressed it from 800meg to 80meg, and lowered the image size in 1/2.

So what I learned and will view tomorrow, high tall are those trees around way point 45 :eek:

I have hovered over trees really close to my house, tried to set way points with the Go-App just to learn it, what a joke, hey it was free. :) Anyways, knowing I was about 15-20' above them the video looked like I should have been trimming the top.

Have you every hovered over a pine tree and blew to top around with your props, or followed a Squirrel from tree to tree with your Phantom?
Neither have I. :D

The ground drops severely, but the trees must not. The property owner works a really close, I will show him today if I can, otherwise I will catch up with him tomorrow.

My house of coarse is the start - stop.

Mission Hub - Litchi

Now I see many problems with how planned my route, this is great....

Thanks to all on this thread and Forum!

Rod

When discussing Litch behavior it's important to note the flight mode. A Litchi waypoint mission will continue until completion even upon LOS, as long as you don't hit a low battery warning. But in normal/FPV mode Litchi will RTH upon LOS.
Very Good Point!

Rod

My p3s is running great at the moment with all the latest firmware and latest android go app.....im interested in litchi missions to send her off and to do missions...is it worth the 25$ and safe???
I exclusively use Litchi. The ability to program flights on your computer and then upload and use at the site of the flight is worth the fee alone. If you do pick up Litchi, I highly recommend Phantom Flightschool. It goes deep into how to use the app, get great cinematography, settings, etc.

Go for it!

My p3s is running great at the moment with all the latest firmware and latest android go app.....im interested in litchi missions to send her off and to do missions...is it worth the 25$ and safe???

I love Litchi.. just be carefull where you set takeoff and landing spots. In auto modes drone will move to set points. My drone moved over to where I originally set up and then went up Into tree. My reaction was panic. I should have hit the switch back to manual but did not. Bad crash , destroyed drone. Need phantom 4. They say the avoidance tech would not let this happen.

Here is an example of a Litchi mission demonstrating what you can do (there are a couple glitches with gimbal aiming which I need to sort out.)

The idea is to fly directly over my entire property line at 200 ft with the camera trained on the house to provide a perspective of property extent. I used google maps (which shows property lines) to get Lat/Lon of each turn in the property line. I used them to create waypoints in litchi mission hub. Then added more intermediate waypoints to smooth out camera aiming (may not have been the right idea). I used the litchi POI function to keep focus on the house. Gimbal control hasn't been perfect. But heading and waypoint flight was rock solid.

Turn up the sound and enjoy the music. :)

Hey beautiful home location and video, I'm envious.

I haven't tried gimbal override on a mission while in radio range.

Regarding whether it will come back after losing signal on an automated waypoint mission I need to be a bit precise in how that is answered.

If you fly an automated waypoint mission out of radio range it will keep flying your programmed mission to the last waypoint you programmed. If that waypoint is back at your starting position then, yes it will come back (unless something bad happens like hitting a tree or hillside or building etc). If your last waypoint is way out there then it will come back home if that is set as the end of mission action. Otherwise it may hover or return to first waypoint (not necessarily home point) if set to one of those options. I suggest you read their manual before flying one of these missions. You get a lot of control. But it needs to be used wisely.

You can preprogram camera angles into the whole mission. But it can't make any gimbal changes if out of radio range. On a P3S this means it won't make any camera pitch changes. But I think yaw (heading) movements will still be executed. It is supposed to resume gimbal operations when back in range. But I'm having some trouble with that.
When I make a waypoint map it always defaults to Land as the last action as opposed to RTH. I learned that can have unintended consequences. I was perfecting a waypoint route I had been working on for several days and flown a half a dozen times, but one day I accidentally touched my pinkie on the screen and it added a new last waypoint about a mile away from my home. Up till that point my mission had started and ended at my home but when I flew on this particular day, when my drone returned at what I thought was the end of the mission, it abruptly turned and took off away from my home. By the time I realized what was going on, the drone was already out of contact with my controller and I was unable to cancel the mission and do a RTH. Luckily for me, I drove to where the last waypoint was on the map and located the drone. It was still a bit dicey as where it had landed was on the top of a palm tree about 20 feet in the air. Because of the graciousness of a nearby neighbor I was able to get the drone down from the tree undamaged and now I always make sure RTH is the final action unless I intend otherwise.

I would love to get the APP. However, it is VERY limited for IOS. It has very few features for that.

I love Litchi.. just be carefull where you set takeoff and landing spots. In auto modes drone will move to set points. My drone moved over to where I originally set up and then went up Into tree. My reaction was panic. I should have hit the switch back to manual but did not. Bad crash , destroyed drone. Need phantom 4. They say the avoidance tech would not let this happen.
I have a P4 and question if the avoidance sensors would prevent a vertical climb into a tree as
there are no sensors on top. I to am interested in switching to Litchi because the HERE satellite
view and map details suck. Understand that keeping app up to date when google makes changes
to app all the time but google is better in every way.

I have a Samsung Note 4(Using it with the P4) and an Iphone(Using it on the P4 with JDI GO and want to use VR goggles)
I want to buy the litchi app and run on both operating systems.
How does purchasing work ? Is it tied into an email address ?
I.E. Do I have to pay for two apps or one payment to download and run on both(IOS and android) ?
Thanks Guys
PS Sent an email to Litchi Support on this, but no reply.

You get it with your account at google playstore or apple App Store. Strictly a download.you will have to buy both, iOS and android.

I would love to get the APP. However, it is VERY limited for IOS. It has very few features for that.
??? Are you talking about Litchi for IOS? Because it works fine with all the features unless I'm missing something.

I just want to know if I can get away with just one payment to buy the Litchi App for Both Android and IOS.
As one day I my use my phone and another The Samsung note 4.
If I keep the email address the same on apple store as Google play that might work ?

No, not one payment- it will be two transactions, yo may have your accounts set up to the same card, but it will be two payments.

Here is an example of a Litchi mission demonstrating what you can do (there are a couple glitches with gimbal aiming which I need to sort out.)

The idea is to fly directly over my entire property line at 200 ft with the camera trained on the house to provide a perspective of property extent. I used google maps (which shows property lines) to get Lat/Lon of each turn in the property line. I used them to create waypoints in litchi mission hub. Then added more intermediate waypoints to smooth out camera aiming (may not have been the right idea). I used the litchi POI function to keep focus on the house. Gimbal control hasn't been perfect. But heading and waypoint flight was rock solid.

Turn up the sound and enjoy the music. :)

nice video

I like Litchi...fun to use...plus it supports VR glasses. But look at as many youtube videos as you can to confirm how to use it, and download the user manual
(about 34 pages) to read and study. It will do all kinds of things...but as mentioned, you need to know what you are setting it to do. Also, be aware that DJI
has just released something similar to Litchi called Ground Station DJI GS It is FREE, but only available in IOS today... also look for info on the web about
the comparisons to Litchi...there are pros and cons

When I make a waypoint map it always defaults to Land as the last action as opposed to RTH. I learned that can have unintended consequences. I was perfecting a waypoint route I had been working on for several days and flown a half a dozen times, but one day I accidentally touched my pinkie on the screen and it added a new last waypoint about a mile away from my home. Up till that point my mission had started and ended at my home but when I flew on this particular day, when my drone returned at what I thought was the end of the mission, it abruptly turned and took off away from my home. By the time I realized what was going on, the drone was already out of contact with my controller and I was unable to cancel the mission and do a RTH. Luckily for me, I drove to where the last waypoint was on the map and located the drone. It was still a bit dicey as where it had landed was on the top of a palm tree about 20 feet in the air. Because of the graciousness of a nearby neighbor I was able to get the drone down from the tree undamaged and now I always make sure RTH is the final action unless I intend otherwise.

I always set mine for "return to waypoint 1" ...it knows where to go :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4