Litchi with COLOR

Reaction score
Fall is among us, an opportunity for many in areas that have brilliant fall color. This is an opportunity to use Litchi on a personal project I've been planning. I thought others in this forum may be inclined to pursue, so here's my plan.

You might have seen others who have flown multiple identical Litchi missions and recorded identical video footage. Each flight is a different time of day and night, and with some careful editing you can "time phase" the identical videos, making the resulting video look like time jumps ahead hours at a time, from morning, to afternoon, to night. This is not time lapse, this is better described as time phased. I have an example below.

So I plan to take this another level and create a Litchi mission that's flown multiple times during the 4 seasons of the year. I'm looking for a place with Fall color in my area, and think that's going to be Big Bear in SoCal. When I find the right spot with enough color, I'll create the Litchi mission and fly it a few times in the fall, capturing the color during the day. Then in the winter when fresh snow has fallen, I'll fly the identical mission again. Then, when spring comes and leaves are fresh and new, fly it again. Then finally I'll fly during the summer. From all this video, recorded over a 10mo period, I'll edit and produce a 5min time phased video.

I challenge all you guys that have color in your area to do the same thing. We can compare videos a year from now. Who's in?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl