Litchi waypoint question

It will return to home if that is your setting. One thing to note that if you lose signal on the standard, the drone will hover and not RTH. That disclaimer is in the Litchi notes.
My P3s loses signal (after 400m ) all the time when flying track missions as far as 3 km from the home point. I flew over 20 missions and the bird always reached the last track point (close to the home point of course). and then it hovers. The track is loaded into the bird so it does not need a RC signal during the mission. It will not return from it's last mission that's for sure. Hopefully there are still many missions to go.
Yes...i fly out of sight and control but only over farmland, woods and waters and with little or no wind.

My P3s loses signal (after 400m ) all the time when flying track missions as far as 3 km from the home point. I flew over 20 missions and the bird always reached the last track point (close to the home point of course). and then it hovers. The track is loaded into the bird so it does not need a RC signal during the mission. It will not return from it's last mission that's for sure. Hopefully there are still many missions to go.
Yes...i fly out of sight and control but only over farmland, woods and waters and with little or no wind.

Yes, you are right, the bird will complete a mission without the RC signal. However, I believe tevek was talking about End-of-Mission actions; what happens when the last waypoint is completed. Hover is the default end-of-mission action, but if you prefer, you can also set the end-of-mission action to Autoland or RTH. But those end-of-mission actions will only occur if you are within RC range. That's one more reason it's a good idea to set the last waypoint near the Home point, so that you can have the mission include an Autoland at the home point if you want that.

Yes, you are right, the bird will complete a mission without the RC signal. However, I believe tevek was talking about End-of-Mission actions; what happens when the last waypoint is completed. Hover is the default end-of-mission action, but if you prefer, you can also set the end-of-mission action to Autoland or RTH. But those end-of-mission actions will only occur if you are within RC range. That's one more reason it's a good idea to set the last waypoint near the Home point, so that you can have the mission include an Autoland at the home point if you want that.
Apologies for the confusion, that indeed is what I was referring to.

Reactions: SkyHog
I flew my first way-point Litchi mission in July, after studying everything I could get my hands on regarding the software. I checked, double checked and triple checked my mission settings, aircraft settings, etc. I went all in, knowing that I was going to lose signal on the two-mile run above the tree tops and beaver ponds but just not sure at what distance. I was still extremely nervous as I pressed the "go" arrow and watched the P3s fly away on its own. I lost contact at 3200 feet and sweat like heck after I heard "Warning, signal lost". Before I regained visual contact I regained radio contact and soon after heard the welcomed buzzing noise over the tree canopy as it worked its way back to the last way-point, which was set very near the first. The whole experience was quite a rush.

My advice is to carefully check everything at least twice before a mission, set your last way-point close to the first, and if you are flying in terrain, plan the mission FIRST in Google Earth using a 3d view, as you will need more way-points to safely account for significant elevation changes, and you cannot see ground elevation changes in Litchi. The Google Earth KML can import directly into Litchi Mission Hub, then adjust a little bit there if you need to, and refine it further in the Litchi app.

Reactions: SkyHog
It will return to home if that is your setting. One thing to note that if you lose signal on the standard, the drone will hover and not RTH. That disclaimer is in the Litchi notes.
I lose signal on every mission on my p3 standard and it always comes home.

I have had an issue with my P3S finishing a Litchi mission and auto landing at the last waypoint when set to "RTH on completion".
I think this is due to my last waypoint being within 20m of my home point.
Something to be aware of if you take off from a cluttered area, probably better to hover on completion in this case so you can land manually. :)

Thank you all so much for clearing this all up for me . I'll send this bad boy up and let you guys know . And I never have flown out of sight or anywhere near my max distance. Lol . The furtherest I've ever flown is 700 ft away . I'm a wussy I guess . Just trying to be safe . Thanks again guys .

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Hi tsmith1296,
I still remember my first missions with Litchi, I was shaking like a leaf in the wind LOL , but after many way point missions my confidence grew and my shaking became less lol, but it is never wrong to have doubts, I always fly a very short way point mission first just to make sure everything is acting correctly before I send it off on a longer mission, this has always worked for me. Litchi is a very cool app and fun to use, Fly Safe, be cautious and most of all HAVE FUN !!!
SteveP55

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl