Litchi vs Go4 Compass errors

Reaction score
I have flown a 27 acre apartment construction site every 2 weeks since about August, using several different Litchi waypoint missions. I have used the same 4 or 5 launch sites (only 1 site each time) throughout the past several months, depending on what was going on when I was there. But as construction progresses, most of those sites are being built on. Today I only had 1 of my usual sites left.

I went to fly in Litchi and I had compass error warnings where I never did before. So I moved. More compass errors. So I moved again. More compass error warnings. I finally moved to a spot with no errors and flew. I landed, to launch with another batt. More compass errors from the exact spot that was just ok.

So I left and went to a nice grassy park down the road to try to calibrate. No warning errors there. But I calibrated anyway. I am thinking there are just too many utilities under ground in the opens spaces between all of the buildings on the site now.

More moving and errors, moving and errors, moving and errors. So finally I decided I would have to launch just off site at a grassy area of another building. More errors.

In my last ditch effort I remembered seeing a "clear all errors" in Go. So I opened Go and did that. I decided to launch in Go. No errors. I launched, flew up to 30ft. Switched to Litchi and flew my mission.

I landed and switched batts and tried to launch in Litchi. Compass errors AGAIN in the same spot! I opened Go. No errors. Launched in Go, started Litchi airborne and flew the mission.

So now I am wondering if all of those other sites would have had the same results with Litchi telling me there was interference and Go saying it was ok.

Has anyone experienced such?

It's a very puzzling result, as I can't imagine the app has anything at all to do with detecting compass errors and raising a warning flag (in software, it's either a status value returned when polled by application, or even better an event (software interrupt) that's handled by the app.

Only thing I can think of is there is some measure of how severe the error is, and Litchi has a lower threshold than GO.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl