litchi vs dji go for phantom 3 standard.. what are the benifits?

hi. my personal experience with p3s + dbs + 2w 5.8amp
dji go app max distance 564m then rth
litchi app same rural area after 10 minute 890m then rth

with litchi seems to be a best rotation calibration of bird.

i don't know why.

only problem is that i can't find the way to record video preview in android smartphone like djigo. i found only photo in a litchi folder.

Using saved waypoints is my top reason for using Litchi. In the DJI Go app you have to create the waypoints every time you use them and can not save them when you are done. Litchi also allows you to edit the waypoints in a browser on a regular computer where you can see a much larger map and dial in the details using the Litchi Mission Hub. The waypoints are available both on the hub and your app at the same time.

When you lose contact with the bird it will automatically RTH. And while you don't have a RTH button on Litchi like you do on DJI Go, if you switch to FPV mode, there is a button labeled HL which is home lock. In that mode, pressing your stick forward moves the bird directly away from you and moving the stick back moves the bird directly at you so you can return the bird by moving the stick back until it shows up over your home point and land it manually from there.

Reactions: SkyHog
Litchi allows for preprogrammed waypoints prior to flying, follow is object based and selected on screen not just following the controller. Those were the big ones I was looking for. All other functions and controls work like DJI. Never had an issue with either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I haven't tried it yet, but DGI now has GSP which allows you to pre-program waypoints and fly a mission autonomously...I think it only works on iPads at the moment (and, like I said, I haven't tried it).

Another (small) but sometimes useful advantage Litchi offers and DJI Go doesn't is the ability to tilt the camera UP (30 degrees, I believe) past level. Now, bear in mind this going to show MASSIVE props in the frame, unless you are flying backwards, but still has its usefulness IMHO.

Another (small) but sometimes useful advantage Litchi offers and DJI Go doesn't is the ability to tilt the camera UP (30 degrees, I believe) past level. Now, bear in mind this going to show MASSIVE props in the frame, unless you are flying backwards, but still has its usefulness IMHO.
Sorry, that's not correct, Go supports 30 deg up-tilt in the gimbal settings as well.

Reactions: Pharm
Can you explain this comment a bit better? I have no idea what you mean by this. Thanks.
Sorry for my bad english......I try to explain.
When you are going to make a video with a bord slow rotation.....litchi seems to be more soft with a slow acceleration. For me this caratteristic is good. The video result is more fluid with litchi on drone y axis rotation.

Sorry for my bad english......I try to explain.
When you are going to make a video with a bord slow rotation.....litchi seems to be more soft with a slow acceleration. For me this caratteristic is good. The video result is more fluid with litchi on drone y axis rotation.
Ok. I understand now. Thanks.

I don't know your native language but I'm sure I'd do far worse trying to speak it than you do speaking English. Your English is pretty good!

Using saved waypoints is my top reason for using Litchi. In the DJI Go app you have to create the waypoints every time you use them and can not save them when you are done. Litchi also allows you to edit the waypoints in a browser on a regular computer where you can see a much larger map and dial in the details using the Litchi Mission Hub. The waypoints are available both on the hub and your app at the same time.

When you lose contact with the bird it will automatically RTH. And while you don't have a RTH button on Litchi like you do on DJI Go, if you switch to FPV mode, there is a button labeled HL which is home lock. In that mode, pressing your stick forward moves the bird directly away from you and moving the stick back moves the bird directly at you so you can return the bird by moving the stick back until it shows up over your home point and land it manually from there.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

(Sorry for the post without comment above). My comment: if you're flying a waypoint mission in Litchi and lose contact with the aircraft, the aircraft will continue the rest of the mission and then execute whatever Finish Action was selected in the Mission Settings.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

If you have a P3S you flip the switch on the left of the controller. Other models you push the button on the controller.

BryanBTX is correct, flip the left switch down and up, and it will initiate RTH on the P3S. The only thing I can see that Litchi does not have vs. Go is the auto landing function, but I've been landing manually anyways, so I don't miss it..

I've been using Litchi for my past 10 or so flights, and love it. I see no reason to go back to the DJI app.

Reactions: BryanBTX
BryanBTX is correct, flip the left switch down and up, and it will initiate RTH on the P3S. The only thing I can see that Litchi does not have vs. Go is the auto landing function, but I've been landing manually anyways, so I don't miss it..

I've been using Litchi for my past 10 or so flights, and love it. I see no reason to go back to the DJI app.

Jive I do believe Litchi has the auto land it shows up in FVP mode or even in waypoint after takeoff.

You may be correct. When I first started using it, I noticed that the auto land button was not showing up, and just assumed it did not have that function.

My bird is at home and I'm at work so I can't get you screen shots right now. But if you auto take off it changes to auto land. The same if you takeoff manually.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT