litchi vs dji go for phantom 3 standard.. what are the benifits?

Reaction score
Im considering getting litchi just for the vr mode, BUT what else can I do on my STANDARD with litchi that dji go does not have?

Hi
There are quite a few youtube videos that highlight the advantages the litchi app provides to the Standard dji that the Dji app does not provide.
One is the object following then there is the Panorama option and the record screen function. I believe that with the Argtek aerial option that provides longer range the litchi app then gives you options that only the pro and advanced gives you for a fraction of the price.
Regards

You can try it for FREE (on Android) and see for yourself. I personally didn't like it.

How do I try it for free? You say?

Google Play has a 48 hour refund policy. Buy it. Try it. It doesn't do what you are expecting. Ask for refund from Google, not Litchi. You'll get a refund within 15 minutes.

Returns and refunds on Google Play - Google Play Help

Litchi allows for preprogrammed waypoints prior to flying, follow is object based and selected on screen not just following the controller. Those were the big ones I was looking for. All other functions and controls work like DJI. Never had an issue with either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

the waypoints might come in handy.. not so sure about the follow object mode. Id like to try the vr out... hmmm got some decisions to make lol

auto record on take off, not sure if go has it yet?

If I purchase Litchi, would I be able to use something like the Fat Shark Dominator V3 FPV Goggles with P3S? Sorry to break into this, but the question seemed very similar to this to topic. Thanks in advance for your answers.

Last edited:
Google maps rather than here now. That is a huge improvement. Only one short flight yesterday due to strong winds. So far I like litchi better, I was losing connection too often with the android version of dig go. Hope to get more flying time with litchi next weekend.

Reactions: SkyHog
Any issues switching between the two? Meaning, can you load both on iPhone and play with both to figure out what you like (or maybe like some features of each) over time?

I should have been more clear, I think it's when it goes out of range that it doesn't RTH automatically, but hovers instead?

a884fc4be86dee0b7d6d9ec6cd9cfb4d.jpg

In manual flying it does. Not a mission.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Loss is signal on Litchi can be set to either just like the go app
282dcdc206e34b7361dcd3bd5c9678bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I should have been more clear, I think it's when it goes out of range that it doesn't RTH automatically, but hovers instead?
No, that is not the case and one should always read the manual instead of guessing.
Here let me do that for you:
"When using a Phantom 3 Standard or Phantom 3 4K (not to be confused with Phantom 3 Pro), be aware that the aircraft will not return to home automatically if signal is lost while Litchi has some or all control of the aircraft, it will hover instead. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other aircraft models and flight modes are unaffected by this issue."

Reactions: SharpeSnitch

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20