Litchi VR test

Reaction score
So tested out the Litchi VR mode with my phantom 3 standard to see how it feels. Overall it was awesome and terrifying at the same time. I have a fear of heights so I didn't go very high.

The latency of the video was good, although not HD by any means. Hoping when my Mavic arrives it will get better. Also there seemed to be a slight lag between my head movements and gimbal moving.

But overall if you want a cheap thrill - the litchi app and a google cardboard combo is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Neon Euc
HD? It is my understanding the video transmitted to the phone is a modest 720p whereas the video written to the micro sd is up to 4k. ERGO, how are we going to get HD video VR experience?

I did say "although NOT HD". Looking forward to the Mavic that should have much better view. But was still fun to try out.

HD? It is my understanding the video transmitted to the phone is a modest 720p whereas the video written to the micro sd is up to 4k. ERGO, how are we going to get HD video VR experience?

I didn't make the glasses...I bought something similar to this:
https://www.amazon.com/Blisstime-Ca...=1481054298&sr=1-10&keywords=google+cardboard

Then you take your mobile phone and turn on litchi, set it to vr mode, and put it in the google cardboard. Very simple.
Don't think he was catching your reference for Google cardboard goggles, unless you have researched it a bit sometimes that term is misleading.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

So tested out the Litchi VR mode with my phantom 3 standard to see how it feels. Overall it was awesome and terrifying at the same time. I have a fear of heights so I didn't go very high.

The latency of the video was good, although not HD by any means. Hoping when my Mavic arrives it will get better. Also there seemed to be a slight lag between my head movements and gimbal moving.

But overall if you want a cheap thrill - the litchi app and a google cardboard combo is awesome.

After watching your video I just wanted to give you a heads-up you are aware that if you put it in immersion mode the yaw, right and left function does work.

After watching your video I just wanted to give you a heads-up you are aware that if you put it in immersion mode the yaw, right and left function does work.

Will do some tests this weekend when the weather lets up. But would be odd without left or right. Since you still have to use the controller for going up and down.

Will do some tests this weekend when the weather lets up. But would be odd without left or right. Since you still have to use the controller for going up and down.

Also be aware there is a glitch between the Phantom's FW and their app, that if you are in VR mode with immersion as a sub mode and your controller loses contact with the AC it will not RTH but will instead hover.

Reactions: SteveNPhx

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20