Litchi update

Reaction score
Nice Litchi update last night... V.2.2.0:

WHAT'S NEW
- new settings to automatically sync your flight logs with your HealthyDrones.com account
- added camera settings, shooting modes for P3/I1
- Litchi is now available in 11 languages
- added new language setting
- added new custom functions to set Home Point at aircraft/device (P3/I1)
- added long press C1/C2 custom bindings (P3/I1)
- flight logs version 2 with more data
- follow me stability improvements when close to target
- orbit mode is now free for existing P2 users
- misc bug fixes

Would love to see the abilityto sync filenames between the PS flight logs and the video file. I find it very difficult to get these in sync.

Oh boy, the really needed cam control. And tomorrow looks like a very nice sunny flying day. Great timing!

Not happy that I paid for POI, but, oh well. App is still awesome and now it is compatible with Google Cardboard for a VR experience.

Idk, but honestly i hope not.....it's awesome having the developer's undevided attention, and I'd hate to see him overworked fixing issues for both platforms. Grab an Android tablet and shake the IOS spell, or use Autopilot for IOS.
Yeah, might just get an android tablet just for that...

Screenshot_2015-10-01-15-33-00.png

Just updated.
I have assigned the long press C1 to Home lock mode. Going to test if this works when I lose FPV/Disconnect. Going to simply pull the usb cable out, long press the C1 and pull the right stick back. I assume it wont work as the command is going from the controller to the Litchi app and then to the bird.

I hope DJI is listening as I would love them to permanently bind Long Press C1 to activate HL mode as a contingency manual method to fly back, similar to the S2 switch on the P2s.

Just updated.
I have assigned the long press C1 to Home lock mode. Going to test if this works when I lose FPV/Disconnect. Going to simply pull the usb cable out, long press the C1 and pull the right stick back. I assume it wont work as the command is going from the controller to the Litchi app and then to the bird.

I hope DJI is listening as I would love them to permanently bind Long Press C1 to activate HL mode as a contingency manual method to fly back, similar to the S2 switch on the P2s.
Why doesn't RTH provide one with the ability to get there P3 back? If setup correctly it should also get it up above obstructions in the return flight path?

Did some testing with V2.2.1 this afternoon - love the new CSV format and (it seemed) instant auto-upload to healthydrones. Now with camera controls too! I do like the DJI POI mode - but if Litchi's works as well for me, I will have a hard time thinking of a case where I need DJI. Plus, I tried my screen recorder app that used to not work with Litchi and it works fine now.

Reactions: Mako79
I've been with Litchi from the beginning and they have been great.

Did some testing with V2.2.1 this afternoon - love the new CSV format and (it seemed) instant auto-upload to healthydrones. Now with camera controls too! I do like the DJI POI mode - but if Litchi's works as well for me, I will have a hard time thinking of a case where I need DJI. Plus, I tried my screen recorder app that used to not work with Litchi and it works fine now.

out of curiosity, why do you like DJI POI mode better? I only ask because the actual engine is the same.. if you mean, you like to set the orbit and radius by flying instead of on the map, you can do it with litchi also. Just assign C1 in orbit mode to POI center, and C2 to radius edge.. then fly to object you want to orbit and press C1. then move to the edge and press C2.

Thanks tomtnt - I just said I like the DJI POI mode - works pretty well. Haven't tried Litchi's version of that yet. Will do it asap. Thanks for the button programming tip.

Reactions: tomtnt
Why doesn't RTH provide one with the ability to get there P3 back? If setup correctly it should also get it up above obstructions in the return flight path?
I try 99% of the time to fly back manually as I like to be in control. It stops me from being complacent and relying on RTH. I would use RTH as the last option.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl