Litchi orbit

Reaction score
I'm finding that when I use litchi orbit it's not keeping the item in the centre very well, it tends to drift about a bit and it's like the yaw of the bird isn't really being handled very well. See this video here to see what I'm talking about.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Any thoughts on how I can improve this?

Ahhh, when you orbit that way the target drifts to that direction. I always orbit the other way and my target drifts in the other. I just fix it in editing. In some instances the "camera roll" is also noticeable specially when orbiting vertical structures. The towers look that they're leaning.

Maybe it has something to do with satellites and GPS? Since the positions are calculated so if the GPS average is fluctuating maybe this is the reason.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Was your center perfectly over the building? Have you also tried setting up a POI with the Orbit? I'm pretty sure that can be done.

The camera needs to be airmed (tilted in most cases with the exception of where you want the poi focus straight in front at viewers eye level, i.e. flying around a building, antenna mast, water tower etc) so the poi including elevation is centre of frame.

The maths are simple hiwever an easy way to see what is going on here is to take a stick, place one end on the ground, then walk around in a circle jeeping the stick positioned so you are sighting along it. The point of the stick on the groumd will be in the centre however you will quickly see that focussing your attention anywhere else you end up with a simmillar issue to that depicted in your video.

The camera needs to be airmed (tilted in most cases with the exception of where you want the poi focus straight in front at viewers eye level, i.e. flying around a building, antenna mast, water tower etc) so the poi including elevation is centre of frame.

The maths are simple hiwever an easy way to see what is going on here is to take a stick, place one end on the ground, then walk around in a circle jeeping the stick positioned so you are sighting along it. The point of the stick on the groumd will be in the centre however you will quickly see that focussing your attention anywhere else you end up with a simmillar issue to that depicted in your video.
Shouldn't litchi just take care of all that though?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Shouldn't litchi just take care of all that though?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using PhantomPilots mobile app
No. It cant. You need to either set the subject height in manual or in auto mode.use the gimble wheel on the remote and adjust untill you have your chosen subject centred perfectly.

Another consideration is to fly manually. Orbits are easy. Pitch in chosen direction and adjust your yaw while watching the screen.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic