Litchi or any other app?

He can create missions but he won't be able to fly them with a Mavic until Litchi updates the app to support the new bird.

All you need is an account to start creating missions , you dont even need the drone yet. He does not have his Mavic yet. 2 more weeks. I told him to get on there and start creating missions for when Litchi is available for the mavic.

I really don't think of it as an either/or. I think of Litchi as an adjunct to the Go app. Both are useful in their own way. Litchi will allow for an autonomous mission, but is absolutely literal in carrying it out. If by chance you've got 3 waypoints across the "lovely volcano over there", and forget to set the altitude for the midpoint one it just might sacrifice itself to the Volcano Goddess right then and there...

I bought Litchi for waypoint flying which I thought I would never want to do. However, it turns out it can make certain flights possible that otherwise wouldn't be. For example, doing a POI flight around an object that is higher than 400' or is ruled off limits to fly over. The Go4 requires flying over the object to acquire the GPS coordinates. Also, makeing smooth multi direction transitions that are humanly impossible...for me anyway. Like turning right, tilting camera down while climbing all at once.
It's also fun to sit at the computer and create your flight, imagining the final result.

Geo

Reactions: JWH and John Locke
Litchi does not offer a trial version.
Consider the price of your copter in relation to the costs of Litchi.
Why do you wanna fly with Litchi, is 20+ bucks not worth it?
With Android you have a 24 hr return option.

If you're serious about flying or creativity, you'll love Litchi. Flying the identical mission over something under construction once a month, like a building, bridge or stadium, then editing it into a time phased accounting of the full time period, using 5 second clips, edited in flight sequence for each month, creates an effect that's interesting.

You can also do something similar like this below. It's most apparent at about 1:15. A seasonal changing video, with snow in winter, to spring green and fall color is my next plan.

Reactions: JWH

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj