Litchi now on iOS

There's a new rev today? What's new?

Oh ok. Glad to hear ios is still developing in beta.

No matter what altitude I was at I got mission failed - altitude to high
The only possible reason I can think of is if your max altitude is below one of the waypoint's altitude.

Reactions: remltr
Finally got to try out my self-made POI waypoint mission on Saturday - not good results. What I did was to make a POI using a 40m radius circle and adding 99 waypoints along the circumference of the circle all at the same height with all waypoints focusing on the POI. The mission flew well enough and worked ok, but the footage recorded was jerky and unusable compared to the POI using the DJI app which as usual was buttery smooth.

Now I know that waypoints aren't meant to be used for a POI mission, but I have a particular experiment in mind.

@Kaehn any sign of POI for iOS in the near future?

Is there a long Litchi thread for Android on this forum?

We're not currently working on Orbit, however it's definitely on our radar.
Can you share with us what Litchi is currently working on therefore, providing us with some information as to what IOS users can look forward to seeing in updates coming very shortly? I'm very disappointed with what's currently offered in Litchi's current IOS version however, having some insight in regards to soon to be released updates would be appreciated by the many that have already spent the $15 for this app. There undoubtedly was pressure by IOS users for Litchi to release something for iPads and iPhones however, after viewing the Litchi app available to Android users, the IOS version doesn't even scratch the surface making it more like a $1.99 app rather than $15.

I disagree. While the IOS version does not have all the features of Android it will. This is a good place to start and I did not give it a second thought.
It's a start but still considered "barebones" by many. Although I'm a fan of the built in screen recorder, something nearly impossible to find for IOS, basic waypoints is really the only function working, if you even want to call it that. The DJI Go App is still far better at this point, those that haven't purchased this application are better off waiting until Litchi steps it up in regards to those using IOS devices.

Although it's strongly against the law. Hope that doesn't "chap your ***" as well...

It really chaps my *** to have a piece of equipment that will fly 4,000 ft up, and have an app AND a company only let me fly 1640.2 ft. It's mine to crash if I want.

It's a start but still considered "barebones" by many. Although I'm a fan of the built in screen recorder, something nearly impossible to find for IOS, basic waypoints is really the only function working, if you even want to call it that. The DJI Go App is still far better at this point, those that haven't purchased this application are better off waiting until Litchi steps it up in regards to those using IOS devices.
The go app isn't far better at way points flight. I do agree and want to see the ios app be all it can be, but waypoint flight in ios litchi is actually very good. I wanted it simply for that and it's delivering. I'm not sure why the developer is almost standoff'ish about future features of ios. Is it too difficult to do in ios? I'm not sure why almost every resource isn't being put into bringing ios up to the capability of android. What could possibly be more important? Or maybe I'm mistaken. Regardless, waypoint flight is all I wanted out of an app, as for me the go app does everything else fine. If ios litchi did one other thing, orbit, I'd be happy with that.

Agree with much of what you said, but there are some very basic things neglected. Like the ability to adjust the gimbal roll, or camera settings. It is disturbing to have to switch to GO and do that and then switch back.

And there isn't even a grid option for the screen to help line up photos. How hard is it to add that? This should be added at the very least to justify its price. While the waypoint function is great, Litchi really should add an update.

The go app isn't far better at way points flight. I do agree and want to see the ios app be all it can be, but waypoint flight in ios litchi is actually very good. I wanted it simply for that and it's delivering. I'm not sure why the developer is almost standoff'ish about future features of ios. Is it too difficult to do in ios? I'm not sure why almost every resource isn't being put into bringing ios up to the capability of android. What could possibly be more important? Or maybe I'm mistaken. Regardless, waypoint flight is all I wanted out of an app, as for me the go app does everything else fine. If ios litchi did one other thing, orbit, I'd be happy with that.

It's not strongly against the law at all. The altitude limit of 400feet is suggested by the FAA NOT law. People need to stop spewing misinformation. Is it suggested and safer to fly at or under the 400 foot suggested limit? Most definitely. Is it law? Nope, not even close. Will it be soon? Probably.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I stand corrected. The FAA doesn't have authority under 700ft. But there is no way that manufacturers will openly do something declared dangerous by most regulatory bodies if they want to continue to sell products. And I absolutely guarantee that the 500m restriction will not change. 3DR and Yuneec won't even go over 400ft. What reason would you possibly have to go over 1640ft?

It's not strongly against the law at all. The altitude limit of 400feet is suggested by the FAA NOT law. People need to stop spewing misinformation. Is it suggested and safer to fly at or under the 400 foot suggested limit? Most definitely. Is it law? Nope, not even close. Will it be soon? Probably.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Finally got to try out my self-made POI waypoint mission on Saturday - not good results. What I did was to make a POI using a 40m radius circle and adding 99 waypoints along the circumference of the circle all at the same height with all waypoints focusing on the POI. The mission flew well enough and worked ok, but the footage recorded was jerky and unusable compared to the POI using the DJI app which as usual was buttery smooth.

Now I know that waypoints aren't meant to be used for a POI mission, but I have a particular experiment in mind.

@Kaehn any sign of POI for iOS in the near future?
Hi. Just wondering why you placed 99 waypoint round the poi? Whenever I try anything similar I just place 4 - 5 using 75% curves and the results are perfect. Tbh you're bound to get some anomalies if you use that many waypoints in such a small space.

Had my first test last weekend with Litchi and I must say I'm impressed!
Thanks for building an awesome app guys? Keep growing and making it better!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT