Litchi mission and no-fly zone

Reaction score
I have seen this asked but not answered. What if you inadvertently plan a Litchi mission that strays into a no-fly zone? What does the phantom do? Could be unpleasant if the answer is "hover" and the aircraft is out of range of the RC.

The mission will upload and then it will say that the mission cannot start because the mission goes into a no fly zone

Just happened to me today. Strange the dji,go app let me fly in this airspace, but the litchi app did not.

Hmm, ok good to know that it will not start flying the mission. I had visions of my P4 stopping in midair halfway through a mission while out of RC range.

So does this apply to the 3 mi restricted area around smaller airports (that you can override with GO app or just the large airport full no fly zones that can't be overridden?

I'm guessing it's all airports based on previous poster's comment that GO would allow him to fly where Litchi wouldn't.

I have seen this asked but not answered. What if you inadvertently plan a Litchi mission that strays into a no-fly zone? What does the phantom do? Could be unpleasant if the answer is "hover" and the aircraft is out of range of the RC.
Strays?

NoCo Drones

I tried the same thing and found out that Lichi wont start the mission if any of the waypoints are within the 5 mile radius around the airport even though the waypoints are well within the flight parameters allowed. Is there any to disable this feature??

I tried the same thing and found out that Lichi wont start the mission if any of the waypoints are within the 5 mile radius around the airport even though the waypoints are well within the flight parameters allowed. Is there any to disable this feature??
Do you have GEO disabled in Litchi?

I flew with Litchi today and got a message whilst flying that I was getting close to a restricted zone (I was not very far from an airport). I decided to turn back but would like to know what the Phantom would do if it got into the restricted area. It was not a mission, just flying using Litchi.

Just spent a couple of hours walking through a marsh looking for our phantom 4, our flight path did traverse the yellow area surrounding an airport and as soon as the drone came into contact with the area, it immediately stopped flying the path and landed itself in the marsh. It would appear that this is the protocol the drone follows whenever it comes into contact with restricted airspace regardless of the route of the remaining flight path. It also seemed as though as soon as we hit that virtual fence, we lost connection and were unable to reconnect to the drone despite being only about 150 meters from it.

Just spent a couple of hours walking through a marsh looking for our phantom 4, our flight path did traverse the yellow area surrounding an airport and as soon as the drone came into contact with the area, it immediately stopped flying the path and landed itself in the marsh. It would appear that this is the protocol the drone follows whenever it comes into contact with restricted airspace regardless of the route of the remaining flight path. It also seemed as though as soon as we hit that virtual fence, we lost connection and were unable to reconnect to the drone despite being only about 150 meters from it.
If you enter a NFZ, it will land as stated in the manual.
Did you recover the drone?

Yes, we did manage to recover it. The drone landed in a semi-dry area. The camera was in the water, but the rest of the drone was thankfully dry as a bone. What was amazing is that the camera had been all but submerged for about an hour, and all the while it continued to take photos. We actually have photos of it being pulled out of the water. Aside from a little water in the camera, everything still seems to work. I took a can of air to it and blew out as much of the moisture as I could and we are letting it dry out for a couple of days before we turn it back on, but all in all, it looks like nothing was significantly damaged. Personally, I am exceedingly impressed at how robust this little machine is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon Euc
Why is it that even after you enter your DJI code that allows you to fly within a yellow airport zone and can fly with DJI GO that Litchi will not?

Yes, we did manage to recover it. The drone landed in a semi-dry area. The camera was in the water, but the rest of the drone was thankfully dry as a bone. What was amazing is that the camera had been all but submerged for about an hour, and all the while it continued to take photos. We actually have photos of it being pulled out of the water. Aside from a little water in the camera, everything still seems to work. I took a can of air to it and blew out as much of the moisture as I could and we are letting it dry out for a couple of days before we turn it back on, but all in all, it looks like nothing was significantly damaged. Personally, I am exceedingly impressed at how robust this little machine is.
Good stuff mate. Not only using air but also use distilled water. It will flush out the salt/dirty water thats in the camera. Make sure its not turned on tho as it will cause a short circuit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers