Litchi map offset

Reaction score
flying a Phantom 4 pro and 4 advanced on an iOS system, same results with both ships.

I’ve created some missions by flying a route and creating waypoints as I go for later use. When pulling the mission into Litch mission hub or into the app, I’ve noticed the map is offset by amount 3 meters.

Is there a datum issue that I can fix?

I’m not comfortable creating a mission in Litchi as I need to take to offset into consideration each time. This issue has been there for the last few versions of the app. I’m just getting around to asking about this.

Thoughts and constructive input would be appreciated.

I’ve created some missions by flying a route and creating waypoints as I go for later use. When pulling the mission into Litch mission hub or into the app, I’ve noticed the map is offset by amount 3 meters.
Is there a datum issue that I can fix?
I haven't ever heard of a datum issue or any way to adjust if there was.
Can you show a screenshot to demonstrate the issue?
I wouldn't trust GPS to fly within 3 metres of any obstacles.
If that's the issue, I'd plan on a bigger safety margin.

Reactions: BigAl07
Keep in mind we are working with HOBBY grade GPS w/o any type of RTK. within 3M isn't bad at all for an off-the-shelf hobby sUAS.

If you need higher precision you'll want to invest in something with an RTK component.

Thanks for your input!

See attached image from my iPad. Pay attention to the sides of the football field. I flew directly down the sideline but from here you can see that it is off.

Attachments

• C9AF6A97-330B-46A3-A91C-232F629533AE.png
    C9AF6A97-330B-46A3-A91C-232F629533AE.png
    9.6 MB · Views: 352
Also you might find that one week your path will be off the the left next week or even next day off to the right effectively doubling the safety margin you need to factor into your path .

Reactions: RodPad
See attached image from my iPad. Pay attention to the sides of the football field. I flew directly down the sideline but from here you can see that it is off.
I'm not sure I can see any indication of where you flew from that.
I see the intended course you laid out (yellow lines) between the waypoints and the blue curved lines are the curved corners that Litchi has plotted for a smooth flight.
What am I missing?

Thanks for your input!

Is it possible you're misunderstanding the lines as @Meta4 has eluded to? The mission hub doesn't show your exact flight path only the "programmed" points. You'd have to find a way to import your flight data into Google Earth Pro and then your could overlay the Litchi Flight over that and make subtle adjustments as needed.

If you want precise (as precise as hobby grade components can be) corners you'll want to turn off "Curves" but remember those "smooth out" the flight a great deal.

"I’ve created some missions by flying a route and creating waypoints as I go for later use"
I think he flew the route and then created the mission from his route?

Rod

Reactions: BigAl07
I’ve noticed the map is offset by amount 3 meters.
Personally, I don't trust less than 10 meters for the sake of safety and as mentioned above, 3 meters is far too conservative. Additionally you should give extra room for altitude as well. The aircraft's barometer can be off as much as 6 to 7 meters at times depending on conditions.
Don't count on GE's ground profile to be completely accurate either. Rule of thumb, don't be dumb.

Reactions: RodPad

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor