Litchi "Low Battery" during mission (with good signal) - Auto Land or RTH?

GDS

Reaction score
If I can add one more query to the grey area of what Litchi does when the battery runs low....

Flying long litchi missions, the smart return to home was kicking in at 30 % battery, before the mission could complete its last two (40m apart) waypoints. The P3P then returned to home and landed with 22% battery left. Annoying.

So, in DJI GO, I :
1) turned off Smart RTH.
2) set battery warning to 20%
3) set critical battery to 10%
In Litchi I then :
4) turned off Smart RTH warning
5) "just in case", I set "Signal Lost Behaviour for Manual flying" to RTH.
6) restarted the RC, the P3P & the Litchi ap.

Now, with the above settings, the missions still get to exactly 30% battery and the "mission stops!"
The RC beeps and the P3P then proceeds to try to land exactly where it stopped on the mission. I have to take control manually, stop the landing, and fly it home (which is no problem re safety, as I still have 30% battery left). **Mission Settings "finish action" is set to "NONE" by the way, (it is not set to "LAND").

Can anyone shed any light on the above, and tell me how I can complete my mission? Even if it means finishing (landing) with just 15-20% battery left.

The smartRTH setting is dependent on what the battery perceives is a safe return to home state. It can't be set at a nominal value and in my case pops up at values between 70% and 50%. I do leave it switched off.
Your first warning at 20% is an indication that you are running out of gas and you should return home. I never get below 20% as variables such as wind and distance can result in a bad outcome.
As for your mission ending at 30% in your battery warning (battery and not smartRTH) mine pops up during a mission and continues until I land it. My last WP is set to RTH near where I have taken off from.

Hi tevek, thanks for your input.
I don't get any battery warning, I just see the mission "stop" when the battery hits 30%, and the P3P lands automatically, where it is.
I fly "curved" missions, so have no waypoint actions set. Only "Mission Settings" "finish action" set to "NONE", not set to "LAND".

Hmm unusual as I fly both FPV and missions and the 30% is a warning only and continues, I am usually only 200 mtrs from home so it's not an issue. 10% is a different story. I fly both curved and WP trips and have the final action set to RTH as the last WP is close by.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl