Litchi loss of signal question

Reaction score
I want to run a waypoint mission and I have seen several comments about signal loss and I have yet to find one that directly answers my question. (or I missed it). If the drone loses connection while flying the mission, i know it will continue to fly, will it stop recording video to the onboard sd card?

It will, but any actions you have defined, gimbal, heading or POI settings will not occur. Speed and the last action during the mission will remain at what it was when the signal is lost.

I was hovering at 104' AGL while shhotinh a Litchi 360 pano. Nothing updated on my phone except altitude. Then I saw the Disconnected message at the top of my screen. I sometimes change rth to hover while I am flying under trees. That must be what happened here because it never returned. I saw the altitude descend after 7 minutes which is about the right time to complete a 32 photo 360. My point here is that it appeared to complete the pano before landing. I video never updated so I do not know if it rotated and shot photos because I still have not found my p3p. Does anyone know where the 360 photos would be stored on my iPhone IF Litchi saves photos to tablets and phones?

If you've enabled videos and pics in Litchi, they'll be in your albums in photo. At least for IOS.

It will, but any actions you have defined, gimbal, heading or POI settings will not occur. Speed and the last action during the mission will remain at what it was when the signal is lost.
I am not sure about your answer. According to ZNoble and with a video to prove it. The video keeps on going, with the remote controller OFF and the Phone (or device) OFF. Before the mission starts it is firstly sent to the drone, so it has everything to complete the mission with gimbal, POI, heading everything.
The video below was made in December 2016.
See Here.

Cordially.

Reactions: tevek
I just flew a mission today. It disconnected for about 2 minutes during the flight. It kept doing what I had programmed it to do and you could never tell I lost connection. The entire video was as it was supposed to be on the SD card.

I am not sure about your answer. According to ZNoble and with a video to prove it. The video keeps on going, with the remote controller OFF and the Phone (or device) OFF. Before the mission starts it is firstly sent to the drone, so it has everything to complete the mission with gimbal, POI, heading everything.
The video below was made in December 2016.
See Here.

Cordially.
I stand corrected, it even says so on page 21 of the Litchi manual! Whilst I have lost video many times during a mission, I have never lost control signal so clearly I have read somewhere that aspects of the mission are suspended when that occurs.
I'm usually better than that.
Thank you.

Reactions: Ing Zimmerman
I just flew a mission today. It disconnected for about 2 minutes during the flight. It kept doing what I had programmed it to do and you could never tell I lost connection. The entire video was as it was supposed to be on the SD card.

In my case what you say above is true when using my Android. When I use my iPad, just a short uplink signal lost and the gimbal is locked in its last position never to change again throughout the remaining mission even though signal is restored. Hence, I fly mission solely using my Android.

Check my YouTube video below. Be sure to go "Full Screen" and, if not already set, HD. Videos on left are with iPad Mini 4. Videos on right are with Android. observe the Gimbal Pitch parameter (& uplinksignal) of each video. iPad gimbal is stuck very shortly into mission.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94