Litchi Gone Offline? March 27th and 28th 2022.

Reaction score
Just yesterday Saturday, March 19th, and today Sunday, March 20th, 2022, Litchi Mission Hub exhibited highly unusual behavior I am encountering for the first time ever. Went to open my saved flight plan listing, and Litchi Mission Hub went into a lingering and interminable wait state that contrasts sharply with the instant response to which I became accustomed in all previous instances when I browsed my saved flight listing in Litchi Mission Hub. Presuming there might be a routine house-cleaning in progress for the Litchi Mission Hub user database, I then went to create a new flight plan.

In trying to create a new Litchi flight plan in the Mission Hub, I noticed that the satellite imagery took an extremely long time to materialize each time I either zoomed in or zoomed out of the map view during the flight path creation process. Finally, having entered all my waypoints, altitudes, and camera orientations, I went to save my new flight plan in the Litchi Mission Hub. Clicking the menu selection to name and save my new flight plan I then noticed that the save process did not work for my newly named flight plan regardless of how long I waited. This too is a marked departure from Litchi Mission Hub's previous behavior when the flight plan save option was selected, which typically followed after only a moment's delay when I clicked the "save" button.

This worrying departure from Litchi Mission Hub's normal swift responses to user inputs is something I haven't encountered at any time in the past, so I thought I'd better share my angst in this forum and enquire whether any other Litchi Mission Hub users might have also been experiencing the anomalous behavior that only started up 24 hours ago on the afternoon of Saturday, March 19th, 2022. One can only hope that the Litchi Mission Hub hasn't been hacked by individuals or nation-states who may be unhappy about the copious deployment of civilian hobby-grade drones as combat observation platforms during the ongoing Ukrainian war.

Any feedback from fellow Litchi-Meisters would be hugely appreciated by this befuddled aficionado of Phantom drone auto-flight guided exclusively by Litchi.

One can only hope that the Litchi Mission Hub hasn't been hacked by individuals or nation-states who may be unhappy about the copious deployment of civilian hobby-grade drones as combat observation platforms during the ongoing Ukrainian war.
That would be rather unlikely
Any feedback from fellow Litchi-Meisters would be hugely appreciated by this befuddled aficionado of Phantom drone auto-flight guided exclusively by Litchi.
You can always set up a waypoint flight direct on your phone or tablet without needing to use the online mission hub.

Reactions: Billie Nelson
Oddly enough, Meta4, I've always used Litchi Mission Hub thus far, and never created Litch flights directly on my iPad screen, perhaps because these clumsy fingers never have worked very well on a touch-screen. If Litchi Hub continues to remain inaccessible though, I'll be left with no option but to adapt to creating flight paths directly on my iPad's Litchi app screen.

I sure hope that the Mission Hub is revived because I created and saved dozens of Liltchi flights that entailed a lot of time-consuming fine-tuning whose modification will be a lot more difficult for me on a touch screen. I'll probably embark on copious wailing and gnashing of teeth if Litchi Mission Hub fails to resuscitate on my desktop computer.

Last edited:
Hmm methinks there might be a virus infecting my desktop and causing random anomalies. Litchi Mission Hub works perfectly on my iPad, with my saved flight listing appearing right away when I select the "mission-open" menu option sequence. For a moment I thought there'd been a system-wide shutdown of the Litchi Mission Hub server, but when I again tried to run Litchi Mission Hub on the desktop, I couldn't access my saved flights, exactly as before.

Until I figure out why my desktop is acting up, it looks like I've no option but to get used to using my iPad's finicky touch screen to create Litchi Mission Hub flight plans. I decided not to delete this topic because it at least offers a possible workaround solution for any other Litchi users who like me have always planned and saved their flights on a desktop, but then found they couldn't access their Litchi account.

Therefore, fellow dinosaurs, when all else fails and Litchi just won't work on your museum-piece desktop computer, join the modern age and use a smart device instead ha ha.

Reactions: Capt KO
Exasperated by the continued inaccessibility of Litchi Mission Hub on my desktop I carried out a system restore, turning back the hands of time as it were, to March 15th, 2022, just prior to the onset of this baffling anomaly.

After a long wait, I was greeted with a warning that my system restore failed, so just for the heck of it, I tried accessing Litchi Mission Hub once more and found to my amazement that the problem had resolved itself, allowing me to once again see my saved flight plan listing, and create new ones as before.

I am none the wiser as to how the problem vanished despite my failed system restore, but vanish it did, just like the memory of a regrettable date after the hangover dissipated. I can therefore confirm that the planets have resumed their orbital trajectories whereby cosmic equilibrium has been reinstated in the known universe at this time.

Wonder if a simple stylus pen would help when you have to create a mission on your iPad?
I got my wife a set of these reasonably priced stylus pens to use on her iPhone 11. There’s a lot of different options out there for stylus pens. I got these because they were relatively cheap and you got a set of three. And extra nibs.
Honsky Cell Phone Stylus, Tablet... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RD6G6L6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Reactions: Billie Nelson
Wonder if a simple stylus pen would help when you have to create a mission on your iPad?
I got my wife a set of these reasonably priced stylus pens to use on her iPhone 11. There’s a lot of different options out there for stylus pens. I got these because they were relatively cheap and you got a set of three. And extra nibs.
Honsky Cell Phone Stylus, Tablet... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RD6G6L6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
The stylus pen idea for tracing flight paths on the Litchi screen is a great idea that I have seen demonstrated in a Youtube video by a Litchi user if my memory serves me right. My dinosaur claws don't interact well with touch screens, generally speaking, so thus far all my Litchi flights have been planned using the Litchi Mission Hub on my museum-artifact desktop computer with the mouse clicks I find so much more intuitive than all those new-fangled user interface methods.

Being able to use a stylus pen on a smart device is an idea whose time has come for sure. Oddly enough my desktop's copy of Litchi Mission Hub is once again offline today May 5th, 2022, but given that I've now seen this issue resolve itself a few days later, I won't be getting too concerned this time around. The Litchi app on my smart device does work just fine during these Litchi Mission Hub blackouts, so I'll soon be stepping outside to launch another 6-mile round trip with my trusty Phantom 3 Standard which is now a grizzled veteran of many such over-the-horizon sorties.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic