Litchi for Phantom 4 (v1.5.0) and newer

Oh that sounds like a good feature, if it worked. I don't have Litchi so no idea how it all works in there. $19.99 isn't a problem just afraid to get away from the official app just yet.

Oh that sounds like a good feature, if it worked. I don't have Litchi so no idea how it all works in there. $19.99 isn't a problem just afraid to get away from the official app just yet.

I was as well two days ago... Then I got it. Don't be afraid. It's awesome and has worked amazingly well. I've sent it on numerous autonomous flights and it's worked every time flawlessly (aside from not staying at a waypoint)

I too just got into litchi... It's awesome for sure!
I'm just getting the hang of the poi and all... But the following was the first test of a mission.

The quality/color got squashed but still cool for my first I think...
This video was not tweaked which would make it better... Just hyperlapsed 8x
Little butt pucker moment when it was approaching a mountain holding the same altitude

Yea I understand that! I have had a hard time shutting down the dji go app trusting what happens next. Just take it slow and in an area where you can take back control easily

Yea I understand that! I have had a hard time shutting down the dji go app trusting what happens next. Just take it slow and in an area where you can take back control easily

I never use both apps... Just the litchi app

Hi all ...

Not sure if anyone has had a problem with Maps while using Litchi .. I am videoing a small golf course and following an initial visit to the site to check out obstructions and tree height etc, I planned the course for each of the nine holes using Litchi on my Mac at home. When I returned to the course I found that the map was about fifteen feet out from the actual location (I'm in the UK). I have searched the web but can't find a way of calibrating the mapping. CAN ANYONE HELP ...

BTW I decided to fly the first hole manually and as I flew I clicked on the C2 button (which you can program in the app) on the Phantom 3 Pro controller to record the waypoint in Litchi. This worked great. On the second hole I realised that I didn't need to fly the route, I just carried the Phantom and it worked just as well without the drain on the P3 battery. By hole three I had taken off the props, and swapped out the ipad 4 for the iphone 6 which did the job just as well with less weight to carry.

Litchi records not only the position when you click on the C2 switch but also the height of the P3 and the direction which the camera is pointing. I think that this is a great low risk way of plotting a small and complex course of this type. Don't forget that if you do carry the model you will still need to edit the waypoints in Litchi as they will all be at Zero height.

Once I was happy with the course, I flew it with the P3 before flying it again with the Inspire Pro ... Result.

I routinely do golf clubs - here's an example of my current project

Mission Hub - Litchi

Mission Hub - Litchi

I routinely do golf clubs - here's an example of my current project

Mission Hub - Litchi

Mission Hub - Litchi
Keith, wow, that is quite a bit of work setting up all those waypoints but Litchi makes it quite easy. Any possibility of posting some of your videos? Since it is commercial you may not want to. But it would be interesting to see how you missions actually look.

When i have a finished video ill put some up. Videos are not for commercial purpose but for record keeping and a bit of fun and a new perspective so shouldnt be an issue.

Anybody have any more information about what I was asking?

Hi all,

Just downloaded got Litchi last night and messed with it. It seems to be very cool and has a lot of possibilities. I did a couple autonomous flights last that went beyond rc range and it did very well.

I have a couple questions.

- Is there a way to fly the heading that you created with the way points? I basically would like it to follow the line... do I just need to adjust the heading for each waypoint to my liking?

- How the heck do you take off ? I have only gotten it to take off in mission mode. I just want to take off manually.

- When plotting points, it doesnt seem like it is taking the ground elevation into account. I want to fly in a mountainous area and plot points based on the ground elevation.

Just scratched the surface with this app but it seems awesome.

1. If you mean you want to have camera facing forward to, say next waypoint (WP) then just drop a POI at or just beyond Wp and then make sure to choose that POI in WP settings
2. You can just take off manually, let it hover and then start mission in Litchi. Just be sure first WP is just above you from where you take off, or at a place where your bird has and unobstructed flight to first WP.
3. Elevation is always based at point of take off. so all waypoints are set at AGL (Above Ground Level) based on the point where you first took off.

Agreed app is awesome and I can spend hours in Mission hub coming up with some creative shots and flight plans.

1. If you mean you want to have camera facing forward to, say next waypoint (WP) then just drop a POI at or just beyond Wp and then make sure to choose that POI in WP settings
2. You can just take off manually, let it hover and then start mission in Litchi. Just be sure first WP is just above you from where you take off, or at a place where your bird has and unobstructed flight to first WP.
3. Elevation is always based at point of take off. so all waypoints are set at AGL (Above Ground Level) based on the point where you first took off.

Agreed app is awesome and I can spend hours in Mission hub coming up with some creative shots and flight plans.

when adding a POI, how do you know when it is going to start looking at the poi and when it will stop? It's a little confusing.

Im also trying to film a nine hole golf course with litchi but I was setting the waypoints prior the flight. Interesting idea carrying the drone and then I assume you get to 'frame the shot' before hitting the C2 button which is great. Do you also use the POI on the green?
Hi - Yes I walked down the fairway and when I reach the green I walked a wide circle around it back to where I had started. I would have preferred to run a line down the fairway and then add an "ORBIT" to circle the green but you can only do one manoeuvre or the other. I'll see how my planned mission goes. I am trying to do the whole of each hole in one run without editing in post. Have a look at one of the missions ... Mission Hub - Litchi

Reactions: Pogopilot
So interpolation simply allows you to set the pitch of the camera at that particular waypoint (pre flight). When you use interpolation, you also need to set what that pitch is going to be. A pitch of "0" means the camera is facing straight ahead at the horizon, while a pitch of -90 means it is pointing straight down. Here is an example of how you could use interpolation in a "reveal" shot in a mission; You want to fly the bird towards a beautiful mountain and as you approach, the camera slowly tilts up from looking straight down to a full level view as you fly towards it. On the first waypoint of this shot, set the interpolation to -90, the second waypoint set interpolation to "0". (Make sure that the camera/drone is pointed towards your target by adjusting the "heading" for those waypoints) As the bird flies from WP 1 to WP 2, the camera will slowly tilt up and "reveal" your beautiful mountain.
For anyone that understands key-frames in after effects, premiere pro, or cinema 4, it's the exact same thing.

Your explanation was dead on but if I can run with it.

Forgetting the real world.

If you have an X and you want it to move from A to B.

It would look like this

A.........................b
X---------------------X
..........TIME

Now you can see that the more time that X has as it gets to b the longer or shorter the move will be. If you want it to take more time, you make a to b longer and vice versa.

You can also get more advanced with the keygrames and make them linear, belzier, etc and also whether they are being effected by the other variables ahead or behind. Understanding keygrames is key to understanding how to really manipulate waypoints.

The craft or GS would have to know the ground elevation in real time do do what you desire.
The problem is that a database of accurate ground elevations over any sizeable area would be huge. I am not aware of any GS for any MR platform that currently has this capability.
There isn't a device that known actual AGL In real time or at least close to real time? That's amazingly surprising.

when adding a POI, how do you know when it is going to start looking at the poi and when it will stop? It's a little confusing.
Lets say for a WP # 4 you have chosen POI #2, well as soon as the bird leaves WP #3, it will start to pan around to that POI no mater where it is. That is, the drone will orient itself so it points to POI # 2 even though it is flying towards WP #4. Now you can have a WP and a POI in virtually the same spot if you wish. To check this, just look at the little Litchi camera icon on each waypoint, it tells you where the camera (ergo the drone) is pointing. Here is how to do that; If you have set up all of your WPs, you need to now set up your POIs by right clicking and dropping them where every you want. Now go in to each WP and choose which POI you want the drone/camera to be looking at. Also, I suggest you choose "Focus POI" for the gimbal pitch for each of them for the first few missions

Reactions: maseman88
For anyone that understands key-frames in after effects, premiere pro, or cinema 4, it's the exact same thing.

Your explanation was dead on but if I can run with it.

Forgetting the real world.

If you have an X and you want it to move from A to B.

It would look like this

A.........................b
X---------------------X
..........TIME

Now you can see that the more time that X has as it gets to b the longer or shorter the move will be. If you want it to take more time, you make a to b longer and vice versa.

You can also get more advanced with the keygrames and make them linear, belzier, etc and also whether they are being effected by the other variables ahead or behind. Understanding keygrames is key to understanding how to really manipulate waypoints.

You say "You can also get more advanced with the keygrames and make them linear, belzier, etc".

Where is that selection made in the app?

Hi - Yes I walked down the fairway and when I reach the green I walked a wide circle around it back to where I had started. I would have preferred to run a line down the fairway and then add an "ORBIT" to circle the green but you can only do one manoeuvre or the other. I'll see how my planned mission goes. I am trying to do the whole of each hole in one run without editing in post. Have a look at one of the missions ... Mission Hub - Litchi
Why did you not just plan the whole mission on Litchi Mission Hub? You could have created orbits around your POIs (the greens) and used "curved turns" in settings to give you smooth orbits.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4