Litchi for Phantom 4 (v1.5.0) and newer

So, it's worth the money then? I want to try it.

There is no trial version, but it does exactly what it claims to do. So if you have a need to fly pre-determined flight paths, perhaps with pre-defined actions at waypoints or POIs, then it is well worth the $19.99 price tag. If you don't need that then it is not worth buying.

Reactions: maseman88
New guy here,I've never used Litchi but I could see some definite advantages from what little I've read about it. Can you program the P4 to fly and record video sideways while moving between waypoints?

Yes, you can orient the camera to face any way you want between two waypoints by creating a POI (point of interest) off to the side. You can create multiple POIs anywhere you want. I image that if you create a POI way off from your actual flight plan, it will seem as if the camera is not even moving (relative to the bird) as it goes from one waypoint to another.

The Litchi getting started pdf to get the drone in the air needs to be updated for the P4.. It still confusingly mentions going into F mode which the P4 doesn't have. I've downloaded v1.5 but have not flown with it yet (never used Litchi before), so even I am still about unsure how to go from the Go app to the starting a mission with Litchi 1.5.

New guy here,I've never used Litchi but I could see some definite advantages from what little I've read about it. Can you program the P4 to fly and record video sideways while moving between waypoints?

You can specify the direction that it faces at all times, independent of flight direction, or you can have it keep specific POIs (points defined separately from the waypoints) in view.

Reactions: snowghost
The Litchi getting started and get the the drone in the air needs to be updated for the P4.. It still confusingly mentions going into F mode which the P4 doesn't have. I've downloaded v1.5 but have not flown with it yet (never used Litchi before), so even I am still about unsure how to go from the Go app to the starting a mission with Litchi 1.5.

Set up the flight using DJI Go (camera settings etc.).

Make sure that the mode switch is set to "P".

Close DJI Go and open Litchi.

Load the flight program.

Take off manually.

Hit the start button in Litchi.

Reactions: snowghost
Set up the flight using DJI Go (camera settings etc.).

Make sure that the mode switch is set to "P".

Close DJI Go and open Litchi.

Load the flight program.

Take off manually.

Hit the start button in Litchi.
Ok Thank you sar... So when 'loading the flight program' is this also uploading the flight plan to the aircraft at the same time?

I've also noticed there is a RTH height in the Litchi app.. Does this override the RTH height value set n the Go app?

Ok Thank you sar... So when 'loading the flight program' is this also uploading the flight plan to the aircraft at the same time?

I've also noticed there is a RTH height in the Litchi app.. Does this override the RTH height value set n the Go app?

By uploading the program I meant upload to the aircraft. I was assuming that you would have defined it in the app or Mission Hub previously.

The Litchi app is a must. A part of your photo taking arsenal. And it's fun too.;)

The Litchi app is a must. A part of your photo taking arsenal. And it's fun too.;)
I haven't flown with it yet but I've been planning missions on it and that at least appears to be fairly intuitive. The only thing I haven't quite grasped is the use of the interpolation between waypoints. I know what it is but just not sure how to use it. e.g do you turn it on on the last waypoint on focus point 1 so that the aircraft can fly to the first waypoint on focus point 2 and gradually pan the camera around or what?!

So interpolation simply allows you to set the pitch of the camera at that particular waypoint (pre flight). When you use interpolation, you also need to set what that pitch is going to be. A pitch of "0" means the camera is facing straight ahead at the horizon, while a pitch of -90 means it is pointing straight down. Here is an example of how you could use interpolation in a "reveal" shot in a mission; You want to fly the bird towards a beautiful mountain and as you approach, the camera slowly tilts up from looking straight down to a full level view as you fly towards it. On the first waypoint of this shot, set the interpolation to -90, the second waypoint set interpolation to "0". (Make sure that the camera/drone is pointed towards your target by adjusting the "heading" for those waypoints) As the bird flies from WP 1 to WP 2, the camera will slowly tilt up and "reveal" your beautiful mountain.

So interpolation simply allows you to set the pitch of the camera at that particular waypoint (pre flight). When you use interpolation, you also need to set what that pitch is going to be. A pitch of "0" means the camera is facing straight ahead at the horizon, while a pitch of -90 means it is pointing straight down. Here is an example of how you could use interpolation in a "reveal" shot in a mission; You want to fly the bird towards a beautiful mountain and as you approach, the camera slowly tilts up from looking straight down to a full level view as you fly towards it. On the first waypoint of this shot, set the interpolation to -90, the second waypoint set interpolation to "0". (Make sure that the camera/drone is pointed towards your target by adjusting the "heading" for those waypoints) As the bird flies from WP 1 to WP 2, the camera will slowly tilt up and "reveal" your beautiful mountain.
Ahh thank you Pogopilot.

Do you have a Hub Flight you could share with us so we can see all the Waypoint settings etc.?

Do you have a Hub Flight you could share with us so we can see all the Waypoint settings etc.?
Yes, good idea. Here is one (click here) I just created for purposes of demonstrating interpolation. This is a straight line reveal of a mountain (Camels Hump) in the distance. What I did was first set up a POI at the top of the mountain (zoom way out on map to see POI that I set up), then I set up waypoint 1 and waypoint 2 in a straight line heading towards mountain. For WP 1, i set the interpolation to -90 (camera facing down) and for WP 2 I set interpolation to 0 facing at the horizon. This is a slow reveal and will take the gimbal about 1 minute to fully tilt up to 0 degrees

A few questions about Litchi .

1.) When you turn on the Go app to make sure of your setting prior to opening Litchi , is it there that you make sure you have GPS home point lock , or will Litchi do this as well ? I mean if you dont need to change your settings for the camera , why bother turning on the Go App anyway ?

2.) I have a orbit mission saved , when taking off , where would it start if there was no waypoint , just orbit and a POI ?

3.) Why dont they have the orbit feature on the Mission Hub ?

4.) I have saved missions on the hub , but I am having trouble uploading to my Litchi app on my Tablet. Both are logged in to my account , what gives?

Yes, good idea. Here is one (click here) I just created for purposes of demonstrating interpolation. This is a straight line reveal of a mountain (Camels Hump) in the distance. What I did was first set up a POI at the top of the mountain (zoom way out on map to see POI that I set up), then I set up waypoint 1 and waypoint 2 in a straight line heading towards mountain. For WP 1, i set the interpolation to -90 (camera facing down) and for WP 2 I set interpolation to 0 facing at the horizon. This is a slow reveal and will take the gimbal about 1 minute to fully tilt up to 0 degrees

Awesome. Thanks!

Does Litchi override any gains or expos in the DJI app or work on top of them?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1