Litchi for Phantom 4 (v1.5.0) and newer

Reaction score
I'm starting a new thread on this because information in other threads has become too spread out and con jested with irrelevant posts. Please only post relevant information regarding v1.5 version for P4.

Now.. My questions:

1. Can a mission be aborted once started, and user take full manual control to RTH?
2. Is not SAFER to take off with the GO app, then switch to Litchi? I noticed user 'DemunSeed' was suggesting this with his Inspire.

You can take back control by switching from P to S (and back) or by pausing the mission in Litchi - assuming that the aircraft is still within control range.

Take off is generally done manually, so it is better to do that after starting Litchi rather than trying to switch control apps after takeoff.

Reactions: snowghost
Is the P4 on ios now

Nevermind. I'm updating as we speak...

Last edited:
I am flying my P4 almost exclusively on the Litchi iOS version. I use the automatic takeoff capability every flight because it saves a little battery as you are not wasting time in hover whilst trying to upload the mission to the P4. Once you hit the play button and upload the mission, the P4 starts motors up and flys to the first waypoint...and then smoothly flys it's mission...no wasted battery. Just make sure that first waypoint is unobstructed and in front of you. Keep your finger near the flight mode switch in case you need to abort (Sport Mode) for some reason. AND.....most important....always carefully double check your Litchi mission before uploading to the P4. It is remarkably easy to "fat finger" an unwanted waypoint or a negative/incorrect altitude into your flight plan and this could cause unintended consequences for sure. Also, make sure you set what action you want your P4 to take once the last waypoint is reached.....I set mine to "none." This causes the P4 to just hover at the last waypoint whereby you can take control and manually hand catch or land it. Fly safe..!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Do we need to buy the P4 version through the same app we're using for the P3?

Also, make sure you set what action you want your P4 to take once the last waypoint is reached.....I set mine to "none." This causes the P4 to just hover at the last waypoint whereby you can take control and manually hand catch or land it. Fly safe..!

I prefer "Return to Home" so that if there is a loss of signal I don't have an issue getting it back.

2. Is not SAFER to take off with the GO app, then switch to Litchi? I noticed user 'DemunSeed' was suggesting this with his Inspire.

Instructions from Litchi are to take off manually from within Litchi itself:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    472.4 KB · Views: 814
Reactions: snowghost
Very awesome! I've only used the app a few times, but I like the way you can create flights on your iOS device as well as your PC.

Very awesome! I've only used the app a few times, but I like the way you can create flights on your iOS device as well as your PC.

The mission hub method has two advantages in my opinion - the ground elevation of waypoint locations is displayed, making it much easier to set an altitude for the waypoint, and the coordinates are displayed, and can be used to enter waypoints. Right now it is only lat/long, which is not a natural coordinate system for this kind of activity (UTM or any national grid would be better), but the developer has added other coordinate systems to the wish list.

The mission hub method has two advantages in my opinion - the ground elevation of waypoint locations is displayed, making it much easier to set an altitude for the waypoint, and the coordinates are displayed, and can be used to enter waypoints. Right now it is only lat/long, which is not a natural coordinate system for this kind of activity (UTM or any national grid would be better), but the developer has added other coordinate systems to the wish list.
I feel like an idiot in that I have never used Litchi Mission Hub...only the iOS app. I fly in the mountains during the Summer and have always needed to deal with terrain considerations for longer flights...having ground elevation is a huge benefit for me. It would also help keep me from busting the 400ft AGL altitude rule.

I feel like an idiot in that I have never used Litchi Mission Hub...only the iOS app. I fly in the mountains during the Summer and have always needed to deal with terrain considerations for longer flights...having ground elevation is a huge benefit for me. It would also help keep me from busting the 400ft AGL altitude rule.

Mission hub will certainly help you there. And you mean the 400 ft AGL "guidance". It's not a rule.

So, it's worth the money then? I want to try it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic