litchi & camera gimbal

Reaction score
I have programmed some missions in litchi and those so far have been pretty successful. My problem comes in with tilting the camera down as the missions proceed. If I want to pan the camera down, it seem to move/tilt the whole drone down in a jerky motion and then back up to where it was.

Is there a way to tilt the camera up and down smoothly when flying a mission?

BTW, I am using a P4 with iPad.

Recalibrate the gimbal in GO, and change the speed of gimbal travel. I have my gimbal set up so that, when descending for landingwith downward-pointing gimbal, full up gimbal on the wheel will keep the camera pointed at the same point on the horizon while the drone is descending. IOW, it tilts up at the same rate that the drone is descending. Makes for nice smooth gimbal video.

even when making the changes in the GO app, it affects Litchi?
GO is your only access to the firmware. Those settings and calibrations are done in GO. Litchi uses them. IIUC, the SDK limits how third-party software developers can actually manage the drone settings.

Why would you do that, I mean what's the purpose of it?

You only can use either GO or Litchi.
After reading some other posts, they read as if people were switching between both but it didn't make sense to me but hey I'm relatively new at this so I thought it may have been something that I just didn't know you could do. But they were referencing changing settings in GO for Litchi.

If you need to change some setting do it before you take-off.
Empty your cache before switching from GO to Litchi or vice versa.

If you want to change some settings during a flight session, bring down the bird first, disconnect close Litchi, empty cache and start up GO.
After closing GO do not forget to empty the cache again, start Litchi, connect to the bird and take-off again.

I've never found a need to clear any caches on an iOS device and would be surprised if it was necessary. I just close one Phantom flight program before opening the other.

Easy as that?
I'm sure this is good news for iOS users.
Yeah, but it would be rare that I would ever even use DJI GO for flying. I use it almost entirely for drone housekeeping....all my flying is done with Litchi. When I start up Litchi, I just close all the other programs that are running before I open it. I don't know if it's necessary or not, but I do it anyway.

I have programmed some missions in litchi and those so far have been pretty successful. My problem comes in with tilting the camera down as the missions proceed. If I want to pan the camera down, it seem to move/tilt the whole drone down in a jerky motion and then back up to where it was.

Is there a way to tilt the camera up and down smoothly when flying a mission?

BTW, I am using a P4 with iPad.
are you programming your camera actions in the mission or trying to control the camera as you fly?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31