Litchi App

Reaction score
I bought an installed the Litchi app on both my android and IOS devices. I have a question and I've not been able to really get an answer from anybody so here goes. I am using the litchi app on both my DJI products which are an Inspire 1 and a Phantom 3 Pro. I use an iPad Mini 4 and also and iPad Air 1 for my displays. When I am in my home using Wi-Fi and use the litchi app I am able to see the satellite detail from the maps, but when I leave my home I am not able to see any satellite details on either the iPad Air or the iPad Mini 4. I have cached and tried save the maps on both the Android version of the application and also the is version, but when I am away from a Wi-Fi source I have no access to seeing these Maps displayed on the litchi application. I installed the litchi app on my Android phone and I'm able to see the maps no matter where I am while using the application so what is going on here? I am lost and would appreciate your help as many areas that I want to fly autonomous missions around have no Wi-Fi access. I tried using "hot spot" on my phone and still no luck.
Mitch

Caching the maps only provides the street maps. You won't be able to see the satellite maps if you don't have an active internet connection.

Caching the maps only provides the street maps. You won't be able to see the satellite maps if you don't have an active internet connection.
Caching maps with Litchi works fine for me. And these are GE satellite maps. Unsure of what the OP's issue may be. Note: Android only

You can get around this by making your smartPhone a mobile hotspot, then wifi from your smartphone to your iPads. I do this all time. It effectively gives your wifi iPads an internet connect via your smartPhone. Note that some carriers charge extra for this feature, mine does not.

Reactions: BigAl07
You can get around this by making your smartPhone a mobile hotspot, then wifi from your smartphone to your iPads. I do this all time. It effectively gives your wifi iPads an internet connect via your smartPhone. Note that some carriers charge extra for this feature, mine does not.

^^^^^ Bingo

That's exactly what we do on a daily basis. Only takes a moment and doesn't usually consume much data.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj