Litchi app stops after a few minutes

Reaction score
I force close DJI GO and open Litchi. 9-10 satellites It runs for a few minutes then the app stops and I have to restart it. Any ideas? Are there different apps for Litchi? Using a new Samsung 8 in. tablet.

I look at this earler, wasn't sure what to ask.
"I force close DJI GO"

Is this with a app killer?

Rod

It's the option on my tablet but it's not an outside app killer. I had read somewhere that it's not a good idea to leave the DJI app running when using Litchi. Not sure if that's the problem with it stopping every few minutes. It done this on my phone also. .

I don't know, but I thought the app killer was always an add-on.

@GrammatonxXXxCleric,
I think you may know the correct answer..

Rod

Unsure if this help but came across it yesterday,was playing with my p3s ,had just done new dji playstore update,I fired up litchi and had disconect and closed on me ay that a first,start litchi again and still disconected,shut me wifi off and turned back on and litchi stayed working,me Samsung set to ask which app djigo or go4 or litchi, I have never had to force close another app while flying or ready to fly,never had no issues ,mayby try when it closes again,kill the wifi then turn back on,worked for me

I had high hopes but it didn't work for me. I have tried several things. It stayed on for a whole 4 minutes then off again. I turned the DJI default off, connected then disconnected the WiFi. I have never had a problem in the past. Started this last week. I had made no changes. Firmware is up to date. ??????????

Last edited:
Does your Samsung have enough system memory (RAM)? I used a samsung tablet (with 1.5 gig of memory) for a few months with Litchi and all seemed well, but then Litchi started crashing. I had to go back to my phone!

Recently bought a tablet with 4 gigs of system memory and it works fine.

Thanks, I will look into that. My tablet is new but
Does your Samsung have enough system memory (RAM)? I used a samsung tablet (with 1.5 gig of memory) for a few months with Litchi and all seemed well, but then Litchi started crashing. I had to go back to my phone!

Recently bought a tablet with 4 gigs of system memory and it works fine.
I think you may have described my problem with the app stopping. I only have 1.5 memory. I have read where you can increase your ram on the android tablet. Not sure if it will get me to the amount I need. Still working on getting that done. I hope there is a wizard for this because I am not that tech savvy. I am afraid to look at the cost of 4 gigs but may have to go that way. May I ask where you purchased it?
Thanks for sharing

Last edited:
I only have 1.5 memory. I have read where you can increase your ram on the android tablet. Not sure if it will get me to the amount I need. Still working on getting that done. I hope there is a wizard for this because I am not that tech savvy. I am afraid to look at the cost of 4 gigs but may have to go that way.

All things considered, 1.5gb of available memory is a bit marginal when running DJI Go or Litchi, especially if you're caching video to your device. The more available memory, the better, although you probably want 2 gb at a minimum, 3gb would be better still. Those apps tend to be resource intensive, for both memory and processor. I don't know what you're running for a processor but, anything less than a moderately fast quad-core may struggle to keep up. Both low memory and a slow processor can crash or freeze the apps. Freeing up more memory should improve your situation. Close any other apps when you're running Go or Litchi. Delete any apps that you don't use/don't need, and move as many remaining apps from your device's internal memory to the SD card to free up additional memory. Move whatever files, photos, and videos you can from internal memory to the SD card for additional space. Consider turning off video caching to your device if it's on. There are some things within the device's developer options that can help to to reduce the load on the processor as well. All of those are a temporary fix at best but should help you short-term.

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks. The tablet is new with little or no saved items. I installed a 64 GB sd card but I am having difficulty working on the root issue. I believe that increases my ram. The apps are not user friendly for someone like me. GO works fine with no app problems. I wish there was a wizard. But none found in the apps dept. I am using a Samsung 8in tablet.

A few months ago when I contacted Litchi support about my Samsung Galaxy E tablet (android) they informed me my tablet was not powerful enough. The following list was provided:

for Android, our recommended devices are: Nvidia Shield K1, Google Pixel/Pixel XL, Samsung Galaxy S7/S7Edge/S8/S8+/Note 5, Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4inch.
For iOS, our recommended devices are: iPad mini 4, iPad 2017, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 7, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, iPhone 8+, iPhone X.

T
A few months ago when I contacted Litchi support about my Samsung Galaxy E tablet (android) they informed me my tablet was not powerful enough. The following list was provided:

for Android, our recommended devices are: Nvidia Shield K1, Google Pixel/Pixel XL, Samsung Galaxy S7/S7Edge/S8/S8+/Note 5, Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4inch.
For iOS, our recommended devices are: iPad mini 4, iPad 2017, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 7, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, iPhone 8+, iPhone X.

Thank You for the recommended devices list. I bought the Huawei 8.4 inch and it works perfect. Nice big screen and the 4 gig ram I needed. I can't believe how nice it is. I am surprised that Litchi didn't mention the lack of ram as a possible problem. Bought it "used - like new" from Amazon. The price was good. Now if it would just warm up a little. Anyone having app problems should check your ram. I was flying with a 1.5 and I lost control , barely recovered. Thanks again.

The Huawei tab should work well with both the Litchi app and the DJI Go app. It's on each list of recommended tabs.

The 4 gigs of RAM is what attracted me to it.

Reactions: DigitalSkyPilot

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl