Litchi App Questions

Yes, when I said "make sure the gimbal pitch is -15 deg", I meant do it by disabling the POI pitch in the waypoint plan, just as you suggested.. I do that by designing a POI that will cause the pitch to -15 deg, and immediately thereafter, another waypoint that disables the gimbal pitch. Why -15 deg? Because that leaves a good horizon in the field of view, yet still covers a lot of ground in the frame. Works very well for a default pitch for good looking video.

Another trick to consider.... if you can predict where you'll be out of range, you can set and disable the pitch just before that point in the mission. That way you can have have your cake and eat it too, sort of. You'll have full pitch control at the beginning and end segments of the mission, and only lose pitch control for the far out portion of the mission.
Your last trick is a good idea but may not work for me. I sometimes have to plan long, roundabout missions (or alter them) to avoid the potential triple-A coming from some of the "good ole boys" around here. If I hear a voice in the woods yell "There it is!" or "There's one! Git it!", I hightail it out of there. ;)

Reactions: SkyHog
hey did anyone else notice that litchi is signficantly slower compared to dji go 4(p4p)? I used my iphone 6 the other day and the screen lag was nearly unbearable on litchi. This wasn't the case when I used it before on a p3p.

Your last trick is a good idea but may not work for me. I sometimes have to plan long, roundabout missions (or alter them) to avoid the potential triple-A coming from some of the "good ole boys" around here. If I hear a voice in the woods yell "There it is!" or "There's one! Git it!", I hightail it out of there. ;)
Being in Australia and brought up on a diet of US movies, I actually believe you...... Giggling at the moment, playing a scene out of Deliverance in my head....

Reactions: Pharm
hey did anyone else notice that litchi is signficantly slower compared to dji go 4(p4p)? I used my iphone 6 the other day and the screen lag was nearly unbearable on litchi. This wasn't the case when I used it before on a p3p.
Just wondering if perhaps you had screen recording on (Litchi)? That will eat up quite a bit of processor power.

Really? Have you tested that? It's been about 6 months since I tested it, but when I turned off my radio to see the mission complete, all of the camera moves executed fine, just as programmed. Has that stopped working now? Or, is this specific to the P4P. My test was using P4.

Hey John,
Wrong is wrong, and this time its me. Your statement about POI's continuing after signal loss was accurate. I apologize to you and I appreciate the discussion that has led to correcting the record.

Here is VC Technologies response.

"If the signal is lost during the mission, the aircraft will continue the mission with POI. (only the gimbal pitch and the custom waypoint speed that are managed by the application will remain in the state at the moment Of the signal loss)"

Reactions: SkyHog
Hey John,
Wrong is wrong, and this time its me. Your statement about POI's continuing after signal loss was accurate. I apologize to you and I appreciate the discussion that has led to correcting the record.

"If the signal is lost during the mission, the aircraft will continue the mission with POI. (only the gimbal pitch and the custom waypoint speed that are managed by the application will remain in the state at the moment Of the signal loss)"
Hey, no problem. I'm wrong sometimes too. The discussion was good. I learned something I didn't know, that pitch and speed is fixed upon signal loss. I didn't know that because my testing didn't include changed speed and pitch. Good thread.

Reactions: Traveler
Hey John,

This, of course, means the problem persists. The problem isn't and never was, that the camera won't point in the DIRECTION of the POI. The problem was, and still is (verified by my response from VCTech last year as well as their confirmation to you), that the gimbal angle will not rotate up or down to point directly at the POI if contact is lost. This means if you lose contact while your gimbal is set to -10° and it needs to point downwards to -60° to be aimed at the actual POI, it's NOT going to point at the POI. It will point in the compass direction of the POI but it won't point AT the POI. So, in effect (or practical usage), POIs will not work when contact is lost (SkyHog's post notwithstanding).

This, of course, means the problem persists...... .... in effect (or practical usage), POIs will not work when contact is lost (SkyHog's post notwithstanding).

I think we all have the same understanding of the facts now, which is useful. As to whether this means "POIs don't work (for practical usage) when contact is lost", is more a matter of opinion I suppose. Instead of five dimensions of camera position and control, you are left with just four. I agree that can be a showstopper for some missions, or perhaps just a nuisance requiring a workaround for others. All depends on the circumstances.

Reactions: Pharm

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor