Litchi app on Android

Please refer to question #10 Help - Litchi

I am using the latest Inspire firmware v1.4.0.10. and v1.3.0.0 on the remote controller. The Galaxy Tab S2 is running Android 5.0.2 and I have the video decoding already set to hardware. Litchi is the only app running.

After reading the Help guidelines I followed the instructions to downgrade Google Play Services and this had no effect on the issue. However, switching hardware to software on video decoding produced an immediate improvement in stability.....?

Also, are there any detailed instructions out there for running the App? I am struggling to save a waypoint mission. When I am prompted to “Enter a name for the file” the keyboard covers the OK key and I am unable to save the file.

I am beginning to wonder if the Galaxy Tab S2 is the best tablet to run the app? As I have 5 days to change it can you recommend a tried and tested tablet?

I would recommend the Nvidia Shield if you can get get your hands on it and/or exchange it.
The tab S2 should be ok in theory, but the app has not been tested on it so much since it's a new device.
If software works best for your device that's fine, the hardware decoder will not necessarily have better results on all devices.
For the "Enter a name for the file" problem, you can use the back key after typing the name to close the keyboard, and you should be able to see the ok button then.

Reactions: blusnapper
Nexus 7 2013 is a good choice as well

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I would recommend the Nvidia Shield if you can get get your hands on it and/or exchange it.
The tab S2 should be ok in theory, but the app has not been tested on it so much since it's a new device.
If software works best for your device that's fine, the hardware decoder will not necessarily have better results on all devices.
For the "Enter a name for the file" problem, you can use the back key after typing the name to close the keyboard, and you should be able to see the ok button then.

Thanks Kaehn for your prompt response. Much appreciated and it is refreshing to see such a good online support service. Struggling to find a Nvidia Shield, it looks like Ebay is my only hope, I will keep on trying. It’s early days yet but I already love the App. Keep up the good work. Eric

Hi Kaehn

This morning I set out with my Inspire 1 to produce some video for a friend who farms 290 acres. I set up just 5 waypoints for my first flight, the furthest being 542 metres away and the copter refused to fly coming up with the message “One or more waypoints are far away”

I was under the impression there is no limit on waypoint distance with Litchi. Can you advise?

Look at your settings to see if you have the limit distance set

JBG I cannot find any distance limit in the Litchi settings? I have set my "Map safe area radius" to 750 metres and I have set min and max altitudes but I cannot find any reference to limit distance. Am I missing something?

I am sure you are correct but double check that your units are metric not imperial. Also have you checked the DJI Go app for restrictions?

Yes, I'm set to metric and the DJI Go app has a waypoint distance limit of 500m and this cannot be exceeded. That's the reason I am using the Litchi app. I should point out that I am flying the Inspire 1 and not a Phantom. I know this is a Phantom thread but there is no dedicated thread on the Inspire Pilots forum and it's the same Litchi app for both craft.

JBG I’ve checked all my settings again and, as its dark outside, I've carried out a few tests setting up waypoints without flying. It is becoming clear that if I set up waypoints above 500m I get the message “One or more waypoints are far away” and the mission refuses to load. If I restrict the waypoints to a 499m radius the message disappears and the mission loads.

I am hoping Kaehn can shed some light on the issue.

Reactions: JBG
Blusnapper, I would suggest you ask about this issue on litchi's Google group support page.

Hey!
Do you know if we are able to change the camera settings in the Litchi app soon? Would be great!!

The beta has some settings now, no histogram though

Yeah.. but you cant change the video resolution you want to rec in, or adjust iso or shutter in camera mode... not on phantom 3 advanced that is...

ISO and shutter, yes not resolution, you use the rc wheel to change them

I know i can use the wheel, but theres no indicator on what iso or shutter i am on.. would be nice with some small numbers in a corner or so... but all in all 9 out of 10 stars to this app! Only thing i want to see is a way of adjusting resolution without using dji go...

On the beta there is indicators for ISO, shutter etc.

Probably soon, but sign up on his Google group to get it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues