Litchi app on Android Device

Reaction score
Hi Guy's,
I have watched 4 or 5 videos on setting up waypoints using the Litchi app but the 2 questions I still have I didn't see in any of these videos, so I thought I'd ask if one of my Pros here , I know you guy's can answer them,
1. When loading a saved mission in what setting is the controller to be set in, GPS,
ATTI mode? 2. If something goes wrong durring the mission how do you stop the mission and take over manually?
I tried to load a mission for my P3 adv.
Yesterday for a test flight and it said upload failed, the controller was in GPS
mode and I'm using the Android version
Of the Litchi app. I know you guy's can answer this for me, thanks in advance
SteveP55

First answer: To use waypoints, or any of the special functions the controller switch should be in the "F" position.
Second answer: If you want to cancel a mission, switch the controller back to the "P" position.

A mission can be loaded before or after takeoff.

Just a tip using waypoints:

Set either your first waypoint or your last waypoint close to you. If you set the first waypoint close to you, set the action at your final waypoint to "return to first waypoint".

Hi Guy's,
I have watched 4 or 5 videos on setting up waypoints using the Litchi app but the 2 questions I still have I didn't see in any of these videos, so I thought I'd ask if one of my Pros here , I know you guy's can answer them,
1. When loading a saved mission in what setting is the controller to be set in, GPS,
ATTI mode? 2. If something goes wrong durring the mission how do you stop the mission and take over manually?
I tried to load a mission for my P3 adv.
Yesterday for a test flight and it said upload failed, the controller was in GPS
mode and I'm using the Android version
Of the Litchi app. I know you guy's can answer this for me, thanks in advance
SteveP55
Take off in GPS and test your controls, check to be sure you have satellites, be sure batteries, etc. are all good. When you're ready to load your mission, flip your controller into the "F" position.

Any mission can be cancelled at any time, assuming you have radio contact, by returning to the "P" (GPS) position. The drone will stop whatever it's doing and wait for you to take control.

I suggest a simple mission at first. Send it across a field and back. Always set it to return to first waypoint or set your set last waypoint back to whereever you started. Don't set it to land or hover.

Litchi still makes me nervous after my first mission ran fine until the last waypoint where my bird made a hairpin turn and headed away from me. Fortunately I knew what to do and nothing happened, I think it may have had something to do with a waypoint I deleted on the flylitchi mission hub, but really didn't get deleted.

I use a Tab S .Sometimes a mission will fail to upload even with the switch in the F position .Usually closing the app and starting again works if not I shut everything down and start again .
Once you are out of range the mission will continue .You have no control though thus the need for careful planning .
When I have loaded a missin to the screen I alway touch the add WP / POI icon so it is set to add a poi thereby preventing unwanted WPs being placed in a far of land

Hea Guy's Thanks !
All of you give me more practical info then all the videos I've watched, they seem to leave out some critical info, like controller setting and how to cancel a mission of which you guy's have clarified perfectly ! I have created a short mission with no points of interest and the last way point will be near where way point 1 is by me just in case lol, just simple out and back to make sure it's all correct. I will take all of your suggestions very seriously !
I knew you guy's would come through for me, AGAIN Thanks a bunch, I'll let you know how my first attempt turns out, I'd like to try it today if it clears up ?

Hea Guy's,
Yesterday I used your advice and made a short mission for my P3 Adv. I flew it numerous times and it completed it perfectly.
So I guess I'll try another mission in the same area just a little longer flight until I get more comfortable.
Again you guy's are the Best !
SteveP55

Hea Guy's,
Yesterday I used your advice and made a short mission for my P3 Adv. I flew it numerous times and it completed it perfectly.
So I guess I'll try another mission in the same area just a little longer flight until I get more comfortable.
Again you guy's are the Best !
SteveP55
I have flown many missions from the same location. With that I learned the correct settings of Litchi. Have a good flight!

I use a Tab S .Sometimes a mission will fail to upload even with the switch in the F position .Usually closing the app and starting again works if not I shut everything down and start again .
Once you are out of range the mission will continue .You have no control though thus the need for careful planning .
When I have loaded a mission to the screen I always touch the add WP / POI icon so it is set to add a poi thereby preventing unwanted WPs being placed in a far of land

What POI setting do you set in each waypoint?

"What POI setting do you set in each waypoint ?"
That depends on what I want to do . If I want the first 6-8 to look straight ahead I place one up front and select POI number one for each WP in the settings and so on .I don't worry about POI height since once your out of range the gimbal will not adjust to the height any way .
I usually use 4-5 POIs so I can move groups wps to face away from the sun depending on the time of day.
Mission hub is the best to try out/create some missions.

Reactions: LarBear360
Hea Guy's,
Here is a question, say I have my P3 Adv. and my P4 running the same way point mission on the litchi app for each one on different devices, I start the P3Adv. mission first and once the P3Adv begins it's mission I start the P4 say 20 seconds or so after the P3Adv. will one follow the other running the same way point mission at the same time ? Just wondering.
Thanks
SteveP55

I believe they will. Here's a guy who does just that.
Hi LarBear360,
I saw that the other day that is the coolest thing I've seen, That's why I'm going to give it a try, but only short missions until I get
it figured out. Thanks For the info
SteveP55

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl