Litchi app, need opinions?

I think one reason I don't use Litchi as much as GO because I read threads that DJI could use it as an excuse to void the warrantee although I'm not 100% sure of that.
If you are unable to recover the AC DJI won't give any consideration to the litchi flight log. Availability of the AC should provide access to the flight logs on the internal SD card so where DJI hardware/software issues are revealed as contributing to the failure warranty coverage will be available. This has been demonstrated from the many user experiences depicted in numerous threads on this and other forums.

I got Litchi for ipad mini a week ago. Love the waypoint and pano feature. I don't see the course lock and home lock on it, maybe it is there, I haven't found it. Well work the $. It loads Google maps, which is much, much better (more recent) than Apple maps that is with DJI Go
HL and CL are in the FPV mode on the latest version. 1.15.5. Works exactly the same as dji go4.

RE: LITCHI........Just be careful of the ground elevation changes if you use the 'Waypoint' feature.....yes I clipped a rooftop .....tough learning curve for me and I am on my 2nd P4 now and I use Litchi with caution. I always check any mission on 'Google Earth' and use the elevation profile to be sure of my altitudes and I have found that even with multiple satellites on GPS the P4 altitude can vary slightly. Safe Flying!

Check out all the settings FOR EACH WAYPOINT....and the mission settings...virtually all the crashes with Litchi are from people missing a setting where one waypoint is too low or speed is too slow.

Check it all a few times.

Reactions: jogforfitness
Check out all the settings FOR EACH WAYPOINT....and the mission settings...virtually all the crashes with Litchi are from people missing a setting where one waypoint is too low or speed is too slow.

Check it all a few times.

Dully noted... so far it doesn't look bad...

Is it true if you do a waypoint mission and it loses connection with the controller it will still continue on with the mission?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'm torn to purchase the litchi app and try it for flying my p4, I mainly use my iPad mini 2 for flying. What are the benifits of using litchi over the dji go4 app.. I would hate to purchase for $22 and end up not liking it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
In my opinion the Way Point feature is well worth the cost. Sit in your easy chair break out you laptop, tablet or desktop, open the app enter your wat points email the flight to your phone or tablet go out side and tell it to go! It will upload to the phantom and take off.

I switched to Litchi after DJI GO kept crashing and after I tried an update, I was informed that my iPad would not run the latest update!!!? So, I elected to avoid any further interaction with DJI and switched to Litchi and never looked back. I do still use DJI for some maintenance that requires DJI but otherwise, I never open it. Litchi is certainly worth the investment. Think about it, you shell out $1,000 or $1,500 for a drone and then quibble over $22 to make it more enjoyable???
The WAYPOINT feature in Litchi is worth the changeover if nothing else worked! You can plan your route to fly, with altitude, camera orientation, speed and sever other lower level options that affect the other inputs. So, give it a try. You'll love it!
Jim
WA5TEF

My first Waypoint Mission alone made Litchi worth the $20. It was short, but after figuring it out, planning it on the Hub in my easy chair, going to the site, uploading the mission, watching the copter head off on its own outside of my control, and then come back...! It was an awesome feeling really. I've paid $20 for a lot less..

Yeah, I really enjoyed manually flying my Phantom 4 but pretty soon, I had done all the local flying that I wanted to do. I had many videos of my home and surrounding property and also of my neighborhood. Flying got dull! I then had switched to Litchi because DJI GO kept crashing. I tried a few flights to get familiar with the program and then tried the "Waypoints" missions. I was not too sure about how it would perform but I set a few waypoints close in and took my drone outside, fired it up, checked everything and started the program. To my surprise, the Phantom started right up, took off and flew to the first waypoint and then video'ed the area I had selected as a POI and then proceeded on to waypoint 2, at the selected speed. I was impressed! The drone finished the route and arrive back at the last waypoint which was near the takeoff point. The mission announced "Ended" and I manually landed. What a thrill to get to program the route like that and then the drone flies it exactly! I then made longer routes, getting farther away and with adding minutes. Each trip, I became more confident about "letting the drone fly by itself" I currently have several missions planned and saved to fly when there is better weather. Those of you who have not tried Litchi and its waypoint feature, give it a try!
Jim
WA5TEF

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94