Litchi app, need opinions?

Reaction score
I'm torn to purchase the litchi app and try it for flying my p4, I mainly use my iPad mini 2 for flying. What are the benifits of using litchi over the dji go4 app.. I would hate to purchase for $22 and end up not liking it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Ray ZA
Just do it. You will like it. Easy to learn, and a lot better layout than Go.

That's what I heard, are there any issues using litchi over dji go... is flying the same, does it have more features that aren't on dji.

OK I love Litchi, use it nearly all the time. If you want to fly waypoint missions, then it is essential, it produces fantastic video results.
You can pre plan your missions in comfort at home at the Kitchen table using the Litchi Hub, check all your points, and POI's.
I have flown 100's of flights with Litchi, and never a problem.
Because of my love affair with Litchi, I could never buy the P4 pro +, it does not allow 3rd party apps, so that rules it out for me.
Did I mention I love Litchi.

For $20 it's worth it just to take panos. I prefer GO4 for flying, no real reason I'm just more used to it.

I have a P3S and I can make it do most everything a P4 can. That's why I like it. The DJI GO app for a P3S will not.

OK I love Litchi, use it nearly all the time. If you want to fly waypoint missions, then it is essential, it produces fantastic video results.
You can pre plan your missions in comfort at home at the Kitchen table using the Litchi Hub, check all your points, and POI's.
Because of my love affair with Litchi, I could never buy the P4 pro +, it does not allow 3rd party apps, so that rules it out for me.

Time to stop beating around the bush and tell us how you really feel about Litchi.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: wa5tef
If you do buy it, just make sure you totally kill any instances of DJI Go that may be running in the background.

I'm torn to purchase the litchi app and try it for flying my p4, I mainly use my iPad mini 2 for flying. What are the benifits of using litchi over the dji go4 app.. I would hate to purchase for $22 and end up not liking it.

Greetings! I am not sure what all the benefits Litchi presents but I love it. I do know that on a waypoint route, you can prepare the route on your phone/tablet and later fly it. I think on the DJI GO app, you have to actually fly the drone to the indicated waypoint and then save it. Not the best. On Litchi, you can save up numerous flights, programming the waypoint's several settings. I use both apps though but do most of the time fly Litchi. Hope you get some good advice.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Hmmm I did not realize that after the change over to the useless HERE maps anyone still used GO. I also love Litchi. The ONLY time I boot up GO is to do a IMU or gimbal calibration or change EXPO settings.

I think one reason I don't use Litchi as much as GO because I read threads that DJI could use it as an excuse to void the warrantee although I'm not 100% sure of that.

Jayfdee, I did not know that about the P4Pro. I assumed that Litchi would work on it so that rules out the Pro for me. I love Litchi and have not flown with DJI Go in awhile. The waypoints mission alone are worth the price. I can't see paying $1,000 or so for a drone and skimp on a $22.00 app. Everyone should try it and if they don't like it, not much lost.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Jayfdee, I did not know that about the P4Pro. I assumed that Litchi would work on it so that rules out the Pro for me. I love Litchi and have not flown with DJI Go in awhile. The waypoints mission alone are worth the price. I can't see paying $1,000 or so for a drone and skimp on a $22.00 app. Everyone should try it and if they don't like it, not much lost.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
It does work with the Pro but not the Pro Plus because no one has figured out how to load apps on the android display. Seems to be a closed system.

I got Litchi for ipad mini a week ago. Love the waypoint and pano feature. I don't see the course lock and home lock on it, maybe it is there, I haven't found it. Well work the $. It loads Google maps, which is much, much better (more recent) than Apple maps that is with DJI Go

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1