Litchi App in Alpha testing with Support for P3 Pro(only) /I1 GS/Follow

Any plans on an iOS version or will all of this only be for Android? Thanks as I'm debating on buying the Nvidia Shield 2 and moving away from iOS for my P3P.

He said no a ways back. I would also like the program for iOS....as I can't stand android.

He said no a ways back. I would also like the program for iOS....as I can't stand android.
Thanks and same here about android but it's tough for these devs to get their apps through the Apple approval process. One reason I'm thinking about moving to android just for my P3P.

We did take some inspiration from the DJI pilot app as, at the time, we wanted to bring the dji pilot experience to p2 users, since we think the app is well designed, however we've changed the UI quite a bit in the alpha, these changes haven't made it to the public release yet though. We have a level 2 sdk license, and dji just recently reviewed our app for the 2nd time.
How much of your code is DJI going to steal for their own in house version? :eek:

NVIDIA CEO Jen-Hsun Huang revealed the Tegra X1 processor's “superchip” has 256 processor cores and eight CPU cores. That’s like Raiders of the Lost Arc-level face melting.

The company’s K1 chip inside something like the SHIELD Tablet was already powerful and plenty capable. But NVIDIA says the X1 blows that out of the water, offering twice theperformance of last year’s out-of-style K1. The X1 will be able to handle 4K video at 60Hz, and will be the first mobile chip to exceed 1 teraflop of throughput; X1 will be able to support the same game engines that Maxwell can on the desktop.

Shield 2 Tablet is going to be a beast!

NVIDIA CEO Jen-Hsun Huang revealed the Tegra X1 processor's “superchip” has 256 processor cores and eight CPU cores. That’s like Raiders of the Lost Arc-level face melting.

The company’s K1 chip inside something like the SHIELD Tablet was already powerful and plenty capable. But NVIDIA says the X1 blows that out of the water, offering twice theperformance of last year’s out-of-style K1. The X1 will be able to handle 4K video at 60Hz, and will be the first mobile chip to exceed 1 teraflop of throughput; X1 will be able to support the same game engines that Maxwell can on the desktop.

Yeah, I have 180 dollars credit I could put towards one and was waiting to see what comes out this summer. Which is when it's due. I could probably do that if the iOS offerings take too long. I want ground station in the next few months for the iOS or ill look again at android.

I sent him a message asking to participate in the beta test in which I would need the firmware but have not heard back yet.

Good lord do I hate apple. Sorry just the mention of them makes me cringe.

We made a small video to show you POI!

After testing it, I can also confirm Follow me is built into the firmware and we've added it to our alpha version, however initial results so far were not as good as with our follow me implementation. More testing is required though.

Reactions: rigor
Can't wait to get my hands on this, willing to pay any amount of money to try this on my P3 Pro

After testing it, I can also confirm Follow me is built into the firmware and we've added it to our alpha version, however initial results so far were not as good as with our follow me implementation. More testing is required though.
Epic, great work

Looking good kaehn. :)

Hmmm... this app looks awesome.

I'm still awaiting my delivery of the P3, however the mention of professional only has my intrigued (as I am getting the advanced model).

After reading this I do note that the developer section of their website lists only the professional model (as well as the inspire and the older P2's) however the phantom 3 feature page that references the SDK only says 'The phantom 3 platform is fully open' with no differentiation, and their FAQ page only lists the 4K and the charger as the differences between models.

Hopefully this is just a roll-out process, otherwise there will be some grumpy customers that's for sure.

Back on strict topic awesome work. Ever since I noticed that the P3 has some of the old features stripped (waypoints and groundstation functions in particular, and even the delayed IOC modes) I'd been interested to see what the SDK dev community was like, really pleased to find this thread!

I'm thinking about it too but concerned about battery life. I have read the current Shield's battery life is horrible?

Why isn't the P3A included in the SDK?
DJI's way of spanking you for not getting a P3pro. I don't know you would think all of the software would be the same other than the camera.

Kaehn what is the maximum height limit setting in litchi for the phantom 3 pro, you mentioned it is much higher than the 500m that dji software allows.

They should at least make an iOS version for jail broken devices. That would open their user base up considerably.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl