Litchi 2.6.2 waypoint issues

Reaction score
I was a beta tester for the Litchi 2.6 with my Mavic 2 Pro. The beta was AMAZING and worked Flawlessly with and without signal. Now I'm not 100% sure if this is a Litchi 2.6.1/2.6.2 issue or IOS 12 issue seeing as they came out at the same time but ever since my litchi app has been doing some weird thing when and if I lose signal. I first noticed the Gimbal would not respond to POI, Other threads have reported this with prior versions, but it worked in the beta. The flight data recorder (CSV) does not report Lat / Long after signal loss. Never saw this with the beta. Two separate WP missions failed and Mavic went into RETURN HOME Mode. The last one scared me into the post as I will not be doing Long missions until Litchi acknowledges an issue. In three emails they have pointed to DJI SKD, but to my knowledge DJI as not released any updates as of this post.

All I'm ready saying is please be very cautious as I've lost trust in using WP without a signal. And yes I know that's not advised anyway, but I only fly on my land and fly with very minimal risk.

One last thing I thought about. It's possible that the DJI GO 4 app could be interacting to Litchi if opened in the background. The beta version uses a different launch platform. Just a thought.

My last flight where I lost connection entered return to home mode with 70% battery remaining.

I was a beta tester for the Litchi 2.6 with my Mavic 2 Pro. The beta was AMAZING and worked Flawlessly with and without signal. Now I'm not 100% sure if this is a Litchi 2.6.1/2.6.2 issue or IOS 12 issue seeing as they came out at the same time but ever since my litchi app has been doing some weird thing when and if I lose signal. I first noticed the Gimbal would not respond to POI, Other threads have reported this with prior versions, but it worked in the beta. The flight data recorder (CSV) does not report Lat / Long after signal loss. Never saw this with the beta. Two separate WP missions failed and Mavic went into RETURN HOME Mode. The last one scared me into the post as I will not be doing Long missions until Litchi acknowledges an issue. In three emails they have pointed to DJI SKD, but to my knowledge DJI as not released any updates as of this post.

All I'm ready saying is please be very cautious as I've lost trust in using WP without a signal. And yes I know that's not advised anyway, but I only fly on my land and fly with very minimal risk.

One last thing I thought about. It's possible that the DJI GO 4 app could be interacting to Litchi if opened in the background. The beta version uses a different launch platform. Just a thought.

My last flight where I lost connection entered return to home mode with 70% battery remaining.
As far as I understand gimbal pitch changes always require RC connectivity as those changes can’t be stored in the bird and must be radioed up in real time. I’m speaking from phantom experience. Maybe the M2P is different.

With my P4P on a long waypoint mission out or radio range I’ve had it abort the mission on me and RTH. It was due to the conservative smart battery RTH which wants to return too soon. That can be disabled. If you had 70% battery remaining that doesn’t sound like it though. Unless it was very windy and it figured that in.

AFAIU, you are not supposed to be running the two apps together at all.

I agree with bsartist. Litchi specifically states not to have any DJI app running at the same time. I assume it somehow trips it up.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20