Linking DJI Vision app to P 2 vision + camera.

Reaction score
Hi People, sorry to bore you all, I have bought second hand Phantom 2 vision + that has never been assembled or flown. I am having difficulty getting the camera to connect to my Ipad on which I have downloaded the DJI Vision app. This camera is different to the one pictured in the instruction manual. I have attached some pictures of the drone serial numbers and of the camera fitted for your information. The wifi icon lights and then goes out and it says "connection to Phantom failed"
Aussie Paul. :)

. IMG_1524.PNG IMG_1526.PNG
20180726_121644.jpg dji.JPG 20180726_122910.jpg

Hi People, sorry to bore you all, I have bought second hand Phantom 2 vision + that has never been assembled or flown. I am having difficulty getting the camera to connect to my Ipad on which I have downloaded the DJI Vision app. This camera is different to the one pictured in the instruction manual. I have attached some pictures of the drone serial numbers and of the camera fitted for your information. The wifi icon lights and then goes out and it says "connection to Phantom failed"

.View attachment 101721 View attachment 101722
View attachment 101718 View attachment 101719 View attachment 101720

Not sure which picture you refer to, that is the P2V plus camera, unless your seeing the Vision camera which is a white egg shaped unit
The second half of the video shows the binding process

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks people, some sucess. Have not flown it yet BUT everything is connected, Video and stills are saved to sd card BUT no picture on Ipad. The icon on the range extender is flickering and NOT locking on as a solid green led the same as the on/off led. :( The gimbal is controlled by the Ipad vision app and the camera funtions of video and stills are also controlled from the Ipad.

video from sd card without showing on the Ipad

Last edited:
My Ipad is a few years old, these are the specs. We are going away for a few days in our caravan so I will have some time to continue to have my P2 operational with help from here,
Aussie Paul. :blush:

IMG_1531.PNG

Last edited:
Update people. Everything is linked etc and showing 8 GPS satellites, camera operates from the Ipad, BUT no vision from drone camera to Ipad.

Ready for Matt to fly it AND drone battery carks it. :( A few weeks ago someone here gave me a link to used OEM batteries from a guy on Ebay. I contacted the guy back then and now seem to be unable to find the details. another :(. Wanting to take drone on 3 weeks holiday from next Tuesday so looks like I am stuffed.

Here's another puzzler that sounds similar to Aussie Paul's problem: I got out my Phantom 2 Vision+ after about a year, charged up the batteries and got ready to fly. Everything worked fine except that the DJI Vision app that I have installed on both my iPhone and IPod would not show the camera view. Everything else worked, including controlling the camera (tilt, still pics, video start and stop). Just no camera view. I briefly though it might have been the result of an IOS update with my phone, but I have the same problem (no camera view) with the iPod and it has not even been turned on in over a year, let alone had any software updates. Does anyone have ANY ideas what in the world is wrong. Without the ability to view what the camera is seeing, my Phantom is basically useless.

Well, things have gone from bad to worse with the crashing of my P 3 which I was enjoying!!! So while repairing that I need to get my P 2 vision + problems sorted re the live feed. The first P 2 was crashed (son again :) ) and did damage to the gimbal board. I was able to purchase cheaply another P 2 vision + on which the live feed used to work but then didn't for the previous owner. Today I tried to connect that extender wifi but it only stays connected for 20 plus seconds, and has no live feed or data info. I have a couple of other wifi extenders that I can try. Link to what it is doing.

This P 2 vision + problem is way beyond my common sense abilities to research. There is a lot of info on the net etc. but sorting it to my particular problem is difficult for me. Any more thoughts please?

Well, Videoder Tubemate Snaptube things have gone from bad to worse with the crashing of my P 3 which I was enjoying!!! So while repairing that I need to get my P 2 vision + problems sorted re the live feed. The first P 2 was crashed (son again :) ) and did damage to the gimbal board. I was able to purchase cheaply another P 2 vision + on which the live feed used to work but then didn't for the previous owner. Today I tried to connect that extender wifi but it only stays connected for 20 plus seconds, and has no live feed or data info. I have a couple of other wifi extenders that I can try. Link to what it is doing.

properly, matters have long gone from terrible to worse with the crashing of my P three which i was playing!!! So at the same time as repairing that I need to get my P 2 imaginative and prescient + issues taken care of re the live feed. the first P 2 was crashed (son once more :) ) and did harm to the gimbal board. i was capable of buy cheaply every other P 2 imaginative and prescient + on which the live feed used to work however then did not for the preceding proprietor. today I attempted to connect that extender wifi however it simplest stays linked for 20 plus seconds, and has no live feed or statistics information. i've more than one other wifi extenders that i can try. link to what it's miles doing.

In late 2016, DJI put in a firmware upgrade for the P2V, which, for all of us who upgraded thereafter, we could connect OK but got the dreaded "black screen." DJI finally realized the problem and that they had to fix it. By submitting the proper documentation showing that you owned the P2V before the upgrade, DJI said it would fix the problem for free. I did that, DJI accepted my documentation and sent me a shipping label, then received the message only a few days after I sent it that DJI had fixed the problem, but it would cost me $138. It seemed that they fixed some things* in addition to the black screen problem. I grumbled, but went ahead and paid the $138, because my P2V lacks the geofencing that prevents my P3P from flying near an airport,and I need to fly near a Class C airport with, of course, notification to the airport's ATC.

The upshot is that my P2V now flies as good as new for all that DJI did to it.

* One of the things I was charged for was a new upper shell. I was puzzled about that, because that would seem to have nothing to do with a black screen, and because as far as I knew, the shell was perfectly fine. Oh, and one other thing: From the day I first obtained my P2V five years ago or so, something rattled loosely inside it. The rattle didn't seem to affect flight at all, but nothing rattles in the repaired P2V now. Maybe fixing that rattle cost me additional $$$. DJI, understandably, couldn't return the P2V fixing just one problem and leaving me with others.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31