Lights behavior on P2

Reaction score
Hi guys, totally new to the Phantom world. I would like to know why my P2 keep blinking red lights during all flight time.

I calibrate the compass, I have last firmware updates on P2, RC and Gimbal (Zenmuse). Right after I take off I have the front ligth light red (I think it is normal) and the back light is green but it turn red from time to time (about every 20, 30 seconds) and it blinks rapidilly for 6 or seven times and go green again.

I've flight it about 7 times and every time is the same.

Is it normal or I should check something?

And another thing, since I have a P2, how to know when gps signal is ok?
My RC is the new model (with lots of leds near the power button and the gimbal button on top left)

Thanks.
Sorry about my english.

Check your satellite status if it goes from green to red it's indication that it is below 6 satellites and doesn't have lock.

Check your satellite status if it goes from green to red it's indication that it is below 6 satellites and doesn't have lock.

I have the first Phantom 2 version (not the V or V+ that you can connect your device). No app with it.

I have the first Phantom 2 version (not the V or V+ that you can connect your device). No app with it.

Re calibrate the RC and also the P2 in there respective software make sure to do an advanced IMU. Once you have completed re-calibrating the RC and P2 then calibrate the compass.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Re calibrate the RC and also the P2 in there respective software make sure to do an advanced IMU. Once you have completed re-calibrating the RC and P2 then calibrate the compass.

So the compass calibration completes when the yellow lights blinks at the end of the procedure? I Thought that it should blink green not yellow.

For this I'm good, I always do this procedure and it is all ok. By the way I did all that procedures (calibrate the RC and also the P2 and did the advanced IMU).

My doubt persist about the red blinking light when it is flying.
See this video I've uploaded:

I know, I shouldn't fly it indoors but I was very anxious and just have received it so...

So the compass calibration completes when the yellow lights blinks at the end of the procedure? I Thought that it should blink green not yellow.

For this I'm good, I always do this procedure and it is all ok. By the way I did all that procedures (calibrate the RC and also the P2 and did the advanced IMU).

My doubt persist about the red blinking light when it is flying.
See this video I've uploaded:

I know, I shouldn't fly it indoors but I was very anxious and just have received it so...

All I could see were slow blinking green LEDs. When you complete a compass cal those rear LEDs are yellow and when you get 6 satellites they will flash green rapidly during home lock and then a slow green LEDs while in flight.

Are you near an airport?

Are you near an airport?

Yes, in fact I'm. I'm at start of the yellow circle of the No Fly Zone, here I can only get it up about 30ft. Is that the cause of the red blinking lights? Telling me that I'm near an airport?

All I could see were slow blinking green LEDs. When you complete a compass cal those rear LEDs are yellow and when you get 6 satellites they will flash green rapidly during home lock and then a slow green LEDs while in flight.

Hi Jason, Look at the 9-10 seconds of the video when the drone is near to the wall you will see the lights blinking red rapidly then turn back to green slow blinking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31