Lightbridge Range Experiences

Reaction score
While I see that 5km is under optimal conditions, what type of range do most of you typically get in a residential/urban area? While I love my P3 4K, I hate that it operates via Wifi. However, I don't want to jump on the P3A ship, only to find that I have to be way out in the open to experience the improved range over the P3S/P3 4K. Experiences appreciated!

I'm in Los Angeles and my p3p only goes a half mile out before video loss. Wifi 2.4G and cell towers with microwave transmission everywhere cuts distance big time.

I live in Lansing mi. And get 1.5 miles at 800ft alt. On a p3p using homemade windsurfers..... thinking about trying one large one instead of the two smaller ones

Sent from my SM-G935T using PhantomPilots mobile app

My neighborhood I've reached 6,200ft flying about 400ft high. Only in one direction though. If I fly a different way it may only get 4,000ft. So every area is different so there's no rule of thumb, but I've been very pleased with my range. I had a standard first and it would barely go 1,400ft in any direction...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If you install a DBS range extender mod on your P3S remote your range is easily doubled.

I live in Lansing mi. And get 1.5 miles at 800ft alt. On a p3p using homemade windsurfers..... thinking about trying one large one instead of the two smaller ones

Sent from my SM-G935T using PhantomPilots mobile app
You are unlikely to get increased performance from one large reflector. Neither of the antennas will have close to an even path length distance to the reflector which will introduce significant phase shifts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31