LightBridge on the P4...

Reaction score
This has to be a dumb question since I don't hear people talking about it at all. I see that we get like 3.5 miles of distance and I don't know whether that 400f or is it meters ceiling is a hard one or not BUT what about the wifi downlink???

If it's not LightBridge, what is it?

Is it LB? Is it LB but they are not calling it that so they can sell it? What's the rub on why it doesn't say LightBridge in the features of the P4 when the P3 does.

This feels like a dumb question but I can't find the answer.

Can someone please help?

It is Lightbridge. It is the same Lightbridge that was included in the Phantom 3 Advanced and Professional models. Have a look at the chart below which is from DJI's web site. The column on the left is the PHANTOM 4; the column on the right is the PHANTOM 3 PROFESSIONAL & ADVANCED. So whatever distance one could achieve with the Phantom 3 Advanced/Professional, it is the same distance on the Phantom 4, and same height as well since DJI is till using the same DJI GO app software.

lightbridge.jpg

Reactions: Jussaguy
If it's not LightBridge, what is it?
Lightbridge is listed in the specs here. DJI makes no mention of it on the Phantom 4 specs page though. I'm assuming that's just an oversight.

I don't know whether that 400f or is it meters ceiling is a hard one
That's just the default ceiling in DJI GO. It can be increased to up to 500m.

Reactions: Jussaguy
Lightbridge is listed in the specs here. DJI makes no mention of it on the Phantom 4 specs page though. I'm assuming that's just an oversight.

That's just the default ceiling in DJI GO. It can be increased to up to 500m.
Yeah, yesterday I was fussing around on the DJI website and saw exactly this but it just said "wifi video downlink" where it says "Light Bridge" here which is why I am asking. I was waiting for the answer to avail itself because it doesn't seem to be obvious.

Maybe the pro will have lightbridge. JK

There is no pro... just P4! And it uses lightbridge... same as P3P/A

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl