Lightbridge iOS app

Great! One question: it seems that the video is stuttering while using the android App.. Did you notice anything similar while using the lightbridge with your iOS device? It really wasn't looking like constant 24fps in all videos I saw on YouTube..

noreason4 said:
Great! One question: it seems that the video is stuttering while using the android App.. Did you notice anything similar while using the lightbridge with your iOS device? It really wasn't looking like constant 24fps in all videos I saw on YouTube..

Users that have been testing report the video is smoother in general on iOS. But I think the biggest advance will be when they release the OSD over HDMI firmware which is also in beta testing.

Great news.. Never been so close to hit the purchase button ;)

One more question though: When an iOS App is in beta testing, does this ensure that it is in compliance with all App store guidelines? I am asking because i am worrying a little bit, that DJI uses some private APIs that will prevent the App from being officially released...

noreason4 said:

Looks smoother to me, with a little less lag, but it was not too shabby on my Nexus 7.

noreason4 said:
Great news.. Never been so close to hit the purchase button ;)

One more question though: When an iOS App is in beta testing, does this ensure that it is in compliance with all App store guidelines? I am asking because i am worrying a little bit, that DJI uses some private APIs that will prevent the App from being officially released...

I'm really not sure. I don't even know how they manage to sideload the app onto my iPad without registering the UDID first.

Haze said:
sar104 said:
noreason4 said:
How do you know :)?

Because I'm using it.

how is it possible without jailbreak... There is no API for Video in... And so far in ios8 there is no api for video in

I'm unable to comment on how they achieved video input because I simply don't know. All I can tell you is that the app installs and runs under iOS 7. I'm not even sure how the install worked, since it appeared to sideload without registering the individual device UDIDs.

Anyway - it works identically to the Android app, and the video seems smoother than on my 2nd gen Nexus 7. Neither app displays the home point diamond, attitude indicators, or azimuth detail that is present on the HDMI output OSD overlay in the latest LB firmware.

Tahoe Ed said:
Here is a short video from Blade Strike showing the App and one from me showing the latency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRfUMdLz-1U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVTwFf8dOtY

Thanks Ed. I've now measured the latency via USB to my 2nd Gen Nexus 7, iPad 4 and HDMI to my Lilliput 664/w. The results are quite consistent, with the biggest variation on the Nexus 7, and average to the following under HD Quality Priority:

Nexus 7: 430 ms
iPad 4: 260 ms
HDMI: 220 ms

how they get by Private API with USB Video In.. I Dont think this will be an offical app store app, ever... with ios7 and ios8 so far no video in API via USB. So.......... Jailbreak ONLY?

Haze said:
So.......... Jailbreak ONLY?

DJI would never bother marketing an app that required a jailbreak. The LB video probably uses some non standard, or proprietary codec. Apple can prevent specific kinds of video-in by identifying certain types of standard compression headers, but if they're not enforcing "no data in", then they can't enforce "no video in."

varmint said:
Haze said:
So.......... Jailbreak ONLY?

DJI would never bother marketing an app that required a jailbreak. The LB video probably uses some non standard, or proprietary codec. Apple can prevent specific kinds of video-in by identifying certain types of standard compression headers, but if they're not enforcing "no data in", then they can't enforce "no video in."

well Since apple has stated no video in to many different app designers and companies id say yeah i doubt it will get out official. i am a ios developer since the start and am on ios8 now and have wanted this for a while but NO VIDEO IN API is allowed no matter what compression or codec. its strictly denied.
and why would DJI not market a jailbreak app others have? ( i wouldnt jailbreak for this)

varmint said:
Haze said:
why would DJI not market a jailbreak app others have? ( i wouldnt jailbreak for this)

well we will see, id use the iOS app over android but time will tell. I just wish they included a button on the lightbridge to access menus with HDMI monitor so i dont have to use a stupid phone or tablet of any make. Love lightbridge but i find that is a big mistake.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic