Lightbridge iOS app

Re: Lightbridge iOS app - notes

MenaceCat said:
sar104 said:
noreason4 said:
Great news.. Never been so close to hit the purchase button ;)

One more question though: When an iOS App is in beta testing, does this ensure that it is in compliance with all App store guidelines? I am asking because i am worrying a little bit, that DJI uses some private APIs that will prevent the App from being officially released...

I'm really not sure. I don't even know how they manage to sideload the app onto my iPad without registering the UDID first.

The beta version works perfectly. There is a public link from DJI website. I've downloaded, the app works on both iP5S and iPadAir without problems. My phone is not jailbroken and I would never consider anything putting illegal on my system. I've taken the P2 to 1.2 km with clear reception in a park without any issues. I do notice that signal fluctuates when you are far away and when in an area where many WAPs are located, channel changes are frequent. Security protocols from my phone company or my specific phone result in repeated pop-ups unless I turn cellular off. I can still use wireless but as this operates at 2.4 GHz, interference with the airlink could possibly occur. The nice thing about wireless is that you can then rebroadcast the inbound HD video to a Mac using AirPlay on the phone, receiving it via AirServer (or equivalent) and save the movie of your flight on a Mac.

Note that iOS phones have different broadband transmitters installed according to geography and phone company so user experience with regard to phone / Pad Tx been on / off may differ depending on where you are.

The user agreement is a bizarrely crafted document. DJI states that "Safety of the terminal
10.1 Your download and installed software may contain viruses, Trojan program or other malicious programs, which threats to the security of your information and data in your terminals or affect this software and the function of the Service, etc. Therefore, you should strengthen awareness of information security and the protection of personal information, pay attention to your password protection, so as not to suffer."

You are replying to comments made back before the app was in public beta. Even then it worked just fine - it was just not clear what mechanism DJI was using to authenticate on tester hardware.

On the beta version of the app looks like the tutorial labels have been mixed between tx % and onboard aircraft battery %. Looks like it is just the tutorial label. No big deal but an observation.

hey guys, i cannot get the "LINK" light on the back of the air control unit to light up...i have the most recent beta version and am trying to use iPhone 5S. Ground Control Unit has all green lights, but I have no video to the phone....anyone know what might be going on? I am using a DJI 5.8 transmitter so not using the lightbridge as a receiver. I am really only interested in the video and havent made the commitment to pay $500+ for a 14SG yet. Anyways, I have the gimbal cable plugged in and the air control unit gets power, I turn the Phantom and Tx on, then turn on the ground control unit, it has all green lights - and I have the Apple USB to Lightning cable plugged from the ground control unit to the Iphone 5S. Then I open the Lightbridge App and there is no video signal, and no OSD. Any help would be appreciated!

justinliller said:
hey guys, i cannot get the "LINK" light on the back of the air control unit to light up...i have the most recent beta version and am trying to use iPhone 5S. Ground Control Unit has all green lights, but I have no video to the phone....anyone know what might be going on? I am using a DJI 5.8 transmitter so not using the lightbridge as a receiver. I am really only interested in the video and havent made the commitment to pay $500+ for a 14SG yet. Anyways, I have the gimbal cable plugged in and the air control unit gets power, I turn the Phantom and Tx on, then turn on the ground control unit, it has all green lights - and I have the Apple USB to Lightning cable plugged from the ground control unit to the Iphone 5S. Then I open the Lightbridge App and there is no video signal, and no OSD. Any help would be appreciated!

Turn the GoPro on LAST. I don't know why but this works.

Willcoxi said:
Cant get the app to download at all myself (iPad or iPhone)...anyone any ideas ?

Did you download the zip file from the support page and then opened the pdf and with your Iphone and a scanner app scanned the qr code in click install?

Willcoxi said:
Yep. Scanned QR then nothing loads ?. Trying both ipad and iphone on IOS 8 ?

After you scan the QR code you should see the screen flash to a browser page that does the side load. The app is quite small and loads in seconds. Latest version is 1.09

Willcoxi said:
Yep. Scanned QR then nothing loads ?. Trying both ipad and iphone on IOS 8 ?

I retried with My Iphone 4s my ipad 2 and iphone 6+ they all downloaded it. and all work. all on ios8

I can't get it to load on my iPad 3 running iOS 8.1. It downloads, but then when it is almost done installing, it says "unable to install". Any ideas?

I'm with the same problem.. iOS 8.1 do not work with this new beta version.. i dont know why.. but the application open and close..

yup 8.1 has broken lightbridge on iphone 6+ need a new beta............................NOW :)

Same issue here.
App closes after start. I deleted and tried to reinstall, but can't reinstall it...
Strange...

I've emailed dji for a fix . If everyone else can do the same that would help put some pressure on them to get a fix

Dji just emailed me confirming that iOS 8 does not work with lightbridge app.

iOS 8 app is coming soon

They suggest to use android 4.1.2 for now!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj