Lift off problems

Reaction score
I have a new P4P v2 obsidian and when I take off I will get a message that I have hit max height at between 25 ft and 50 ft, if I land it, shut it off and restart it it will then allow me to go to 400 ft. some times I have to restart it a couple of times. Any thoughts?

Since it's new I would guess you have a software glitch, might try checking for updates or do a reinstall of the software. If not I would send it in for repair.

Make sure that the distance limit, in app, is turned Off.

Maybe stuck in beginner mode, like said, try update or reinstall of Go 4. Or return for new. Sump not right

Are you waiting for full gps ‘the home point has been updated, please check it on the map’ before takeoff? Even so, should go higher than 50’ in Atti.

Does this happen everywhere you fly? Wondering if local interference could be responsible. No warnings, compass, etc?

Just guessing here. Might need to post the flight logs for review. Should show any errors. Good luck

I have a new P4P v2 obsidian and when I take off I will get a message that I have hit max height at between 25 ft and 50 ft, if I land it, shut it off and restart it it will then allow me to go to 400 ft. some times I have to restart it a couple of times. Any thoughts?
There are a couple of possible causes and the flight data would point to the actual cause of the issue.
One that hasn't been mentioned so far is outlined on p54 of your manual:
Height is restricted to 26 feet (8 meters) when the GPS signal is weak and Vision Positioning is activated.
Height is restricted to 164 feet (50 meters) when the GPS signal is weak and Vision Positioning is inactivated.
Are you launching before getting full GPS reception when you hit the altitude restriction?

Reactions: Capt KO
I have switched controllers if that makes a difference, The controller that came with the Drone has a permanent mounted small screen, I switched to the controller for my drone that I lost earlier this summer that I use my I Pad on. This morning I put the drone up to take morning colors pictures and for about 5 minutes it would only rotate and go forward. Not sure exactly what is going on!

Please post the logs. Only way to know! They are in your iPad. This mornings flight will do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31