Liability Insurance Coverage

AMA does not cover business pursuits unless individual member is providing modeling instructions for pay to AMA members.

2018 INSURANCE SUMMARY – THE FACTS ABOUT AMA’S INSURANCE BENEFITS For Individual Members
Please report all incidents to AMA as soon as possible!
General Liability Coverage (Effective March 31)
 AMA Liability Protection applies to bodily injury or property damage caused by an AMA member. Any AMA member who causes an accident resulting in an injury must report that accident immediately to AMA HQ.
 Applies to accidents arising from the modeling activities of model aircraft, rockets, cars and boats, in accordance with the AMA NATIONAL Safety Code(s).
 The ‘per occurrence’ limit of coverage available by this policy is $2,500,000 involving bodily injury and/or property damage. These limits are for claims occurring during the policy period. Coverage is provided only for accidents arising from the model activities.
 A separate policy covers participation in FAI events outside of the United States and Canada. This policy has a $2,000,000 limit.
 There is no coverage for injury to a member to his own family (Household and Relative(s) living in the member’s household) for claims or suits.
 The policy does NOT cover business pursuits; that is any activity that generates income for a member beyond reimbursement of expenses, except this business pursuit exclusion does not apply to individual members providing modeling instructions for pay to AMA members.
 AMA insurance is “excess” to any other applicable coverage, such as homeowner’s.
 Has a $250.00 deductible (property damage only), which is the responsibility of the AMA member causing the
accident.

I think, that the best option for you is to check the info here There's a whole range of business-related insurances on the website. Had an enormous help from them on a MOT center issues.

Kind of a "bump" here, because I am finding ZERO about verified claims -- maybe someone can help...

Verifly and others look fine for their advertised liability coverage. BUT, just like first getting some references for any other service, HAS ANYONE HERE experienced a covered liability incident while covered by the insurer and HAD A SUCCESSFULLY COVERED INCIDENT?

Call me over-cautious but "the proof is in the pudding." I would like to select a reasonably priced policy that has a track record of some kind. So, anybody you guys know of who filed a liability claim and the results were okay as promised?

@Phil Tuggle - Great question. I am an aviation insurance broker that specializes in UAS insurance (I replied earlier in this thread as well). I have been insuring commercial UAS businesses since 2015. I have probably had 200+ hull/physical damage claims covered over the last 4 years. I have not had one complaint from my clients. As far as liability is concerned, I have only had two claims. One was open and shut with no complaints and the other is ongoing. It is not ongoing due to any problems with the insurance. It is ongoing because it is a high dollar amount and has many moving parts. Everything seems to be progressing smoothly. A vast majority of my clients are insured with Global Aerospace.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic