LG G3 and DJI Pilot for Android anyone?

Reaction score
I'm not having any success connecting, anyone have success using an LG G3 with the 1.1.0 version of the Pilot app for Android? Guess I'm waiting on iOS now too :(

I'll know tomorrow when my Phantom 3 arrives since I have a G3 I'm wanting to try out, too.

I'm using an LG G2, no problems. Just make sure to turn on USB debugging and set your USB connection to (PTP) when plugging in.

I'm using an LG G2, no problems. Just make sure to turn on USB debugging and set your USB connection to (PTP) when plugging in.
I turned on USB debugging, but I never saw the registration page that many users are reporting they had to get into before it would connect. The lights are flashing green on the P3 and the light is green on the RC, but I can't calibrate compass or connect.
Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, turned off USB debugging, turned it back on again, downloaded the 1.1 version of the app from DJI's site, still nothing. I've done everything except update the firmware. Should I give that a go?

I turned on USB debugging, but I never saw the registration page that many users are reporting they had to get into before it would connect. The lights are flashing green on the P3 and the light is green on the RC, but I can't calibrate compass or connect.
Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, turned off USB debugging, turned it back on again, downloaded the 1.1 version of the app from DJI's site, still nothing. I've done everything except update the firmware. Should I give that a go?
I'd upgrade the firmware if I were you. It's a pretty straight forward procedure anyways, and it doesn't require the app at all.

Where did you get your Android app? From the Play Store or the DJI website?
Originally I tried 1.0.1 from the Play store, then when that didn't work I grabbed 1.1.0 from DJI's site. No luck with either at the moment.

My bad, just saw you have 1.1.0. When you plug you phone into the controller make sure the USB plug is all the way in the controller. Are you selecting PTP as your USB connection?

My bad, just saw you have 1.1.0. When you plug you phone into the controller make sure the USB plug is all the way in the controller. Are you selecting PTP as your USB connection?
That may be the only setting I haven't seen? Where is that if I may ask?

I power on my controller with the phone unplugged. When I plug my phone into the controller I get a notification on the phone what sort of USB PC connection I want. Charge Phone, Media Sync (MTP) or Send Images (PTP). Look in your notifications to see if anything like that is in there. I'm using Android 5.

I power on my controller with the phone unplugged. When I plug my phone into the controller I get a notification on the phone what sort of USB PC connection I want. Charge Phone, Media Sync (MTP) or Send Images (PTP). Look in your notifications to see if anything like that is in there. I'm using Android 5.
That was it! Thank you so much! Was missing that in my notification bar!

Cool, you should be good to go!
I really am not as stupid as I sound, but now I'm getting, "please activate the aircraft" when I swipe to takeoff. Compass is calibrated, like 17 satellites are locked. This has got to be something simple I'm missing somewhere in the app?!?

Try going into the User Center from the main menu and log into your DJI Account or create one.

i have an account, but I'm seeing where folks have said they had to link their serial number to their account. I haven't had to do that. Did it get skipped in the install of the app, I wonder?

i have an account, but I'm seeing where folks have said they had to link their serial number to their account. I haven't had to do that. Did it get skipped in the install of the app, I wonder?
I see where they emailed me a link to confirm my account, but that link is giving me a 403 forbidden error. What the hell?!?

I can't remember. I think once your logged into you DJI account in the app it creates your profile and activates. I did it with the Inspire app because I received my P3 last Wednesday and that's all that was available then.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic