Level but Slanted

Reaction score
My phantom leans toward the front/nose right.

It isn't a large problem but It does make my video slightly slanted. It stands still flawlessly but it bugs me a little bit that it isn't completely level.

I have advance calibrated my phantom which took care of the GPS drifting problem.

Can anyone help me please? I tried searching for people with this problem but couldn't find any results. Probably because I don't know the correct terms for this problem.

diabloroker said:
My phantom leans toward the front/nose right.

It isn't a large problem but It does make my video slightly slanted. It stands still flawlessly but it bugs me a little bit that it isn't completely level.

I have advance calibrated my phantom which took care of the GPS drifting problem.

Can anyone help me please? I tried searching for people with this problem but couldn't find any results. Probably because I don't know the correct terms for this problem.

Have you checked to see that your camera is level with the horizontal plane of the Phantom? If it really is the Phantom that is actually off the horizontal enough to show in the video, it would seem that it would be flying off pretty rapidly in the direction of the slant. Maybe you can try running a short test video with the quad sitting on a known level surface and see what that looks like.

Just a thought. :?:

That sounds a bit illogical if ya think about it.

as no Quadcopter/helicopter is capable of hovering in place while at an angle. (unless of course the motors can be tilted to remain vertical while the craft tilts)
in order to stay still, it must have all 4 blades even up in the air. - unless of course there's a steady wind,. in which case it would tilt towards the wind to stay hovering in the same spot.
The moment you tilt a copter, it tries to move in the direction of the tilt.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic