Lets play a game...?

None, they all chickened out, and hid under the bed.
Gosh, I wouldn't wish that fate on anyone. Well maybe one or two. ;-)

What makes you even think of such things? Or were you thinking of being one of the unlucky pilots that got knocked out of the flight zone, with a blasing mortar round? I would hope not. Stay well back, and you should be fine. I would be more concerned of being charged, fined and losing my drone to officers, & confiscation. That would sting me far worse. That's why I left my Phantom at home last night, for our Canadian local July 1st, festivities. It was fun, and trouble free, I enjoyed it.

RedHotPoker

i spoke with the local fire inspector earlier this evening regarding the display on saturday night and she agreed to met me with the pyro tech first thing saturday morning to discuss flight path and distance
so it looks like its a go for me but i will be keeping my distance regardless of how close they say i can get, still a little communication goes a long way, i want them to know i may be flying in the vicinity and not to be panicked by it
:)

Wow, a female fire inspector. My brother in law is a fire inspector, with our local city fire department.
So you are obviously doing your homework, well before the event. Good for you. I am happy to hear that you have more or less been given permission to fly and capture the excitement. Too bad others wouldn't follow your lead, and do the same. Instead of just showing up, flying, and hoping for the best. I hope that you can get some awesome footage, and share it here with the forum folks.

RedHotPoker

It's all about being responsible and putting out good vibes and proper advocacy about our hobby.

I plan to get a birds eye view of the fireworks display in New Orleans over the Mississippi River Saturday night. If anything goes wrong with my P3P...Game Over!

Forget the negative thoughts. Just go out, have fun, and capture some highlights and explosive moments. I envy you living in Louisiana, near New Orleans. The Jazz, Mardi Gras, Bourbon St, beads boobs and beer. All that and much more.
Has the affected parts of the city been mostly rebuilt, after the flood and devastating damage caused by all that water.
That was a sad time. But like the Phoenix, it rose up from the ashes and has hopefully been revitalized.

RedHotPoker

Does anyone know how high fireworks shoot up? It probably varies but was thinking about the professional big stuff.

You can Google it.

It varies by the size of the mortar but 9-15 hundred feet seems to be the most common for professional pyros.

depends on the size but approx 100ft per inch, where the inch equals mortar size 5inch mortar approx 500ft

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic