Lens Filters

Great, I was able to successfully remove one screw from the camera but the other one won't budge. I'm pretty sure the head is stripped. I tried a better quality hex wrench but to no avail. Any tips on how to loosen said stubborn screw?

disjecta said:
Great, I was able to successfully remove one screw from the camera but the other one won't budge. I'm pretty sure the head is stripped. I tried a better quality hex wrench but to no avail. Any tips on how to loosen said stubborn screw?

A 1/4" drill chuck works awesome, just clamp it on and remove.

Installed my sticker and test fitted a hood I had.

This hood should not catch much air. But I think the sticker alone will stop the glare.
Hood1.jpg

Thanks Kloader

Pull_Up said:
Look forward to some testing from you! Mine's still in transit...
maybe tomorrow
. I think the sticker alone will be perfect.

I got some from Kloader too with the promise to pay it forward. Free - CONUS. Just have to agree to give away the rest. Send PM with address.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Pull_Up said:
Skipholiday said:
Pull_Up said:
Awesome! Coloradosky FTW again. :D
Kloader actually hooked me up with my stickers.
Very nice guy :)

I'm sure they'll all do a good job, I just went with my preferred supplier. :)
I understand thats where I purchased my controller stickers. :)

cavaleiro01 said:
Stupid question (maybe...): can't the sticker be (matt) white, will the flare persist?

Not a dumb question at all. Using a matte black will result in the least amount of reflections and/or flare. Black absorbs all light (That's why it appears black. It doesn't reflect any light, ideally.)

Matte WHITE would certainly help and probably would be better than the chrome ring that is there right now. But matte black is MUCH MUCH better.

I expect the postman to drop my lens matte from ColoradoSky any day now .... perhaps today. All other labels look very good, and serve a good purpose.
I had to order a good 1.5mm hex key drive that was narrow enough to fit into the screw channel on the camera.
It looks like that will arrive tomorrow, so hopefully I'll have the bird in the air on Friday, and can test the output of the camera.
I'm more than certain this will pay major image-quality dividends immediately.

Pull_Up said:
My short video clip shows promise for circ pol filters if the flare can be got rid of, so it should be good. :) Once again I am at the mercy of USPS and Royal Mail and the DC3 or whatever they use to crawl across the Atlantic...

Your package has been shipped!

Attachments

• big_row_web_t670.jpg
    big_row_web_t670.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 309
Re: The germ of an idea. . .

Much closer now. On to flight testing. . .

Attachments

• prototype10.jpg
    prototype10.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 235

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20