Lens Filters

I'm using a cheap hood to stop the reflection, but a better solution (as mentioned) would be something non-reflective between the lens and camera.

Thanks for the great idea.
The hood (altho vented) seems to create eXtra unneeded drag!

I would be up for a vinyl sticker..

What about eBay item 170871484367 just need a Blue Peter presenter, compass and some sharp scissors,

I'm In for buying one from colorodosky. Just got my lens filter adapter, went on pretty easily now just need sunshine to give it a go

Skipholiday said:
I'm using a cheap hood to stop the reflection, but a better solution (as mentioned) would be something non-reflective between the lens and camera.

could one not just use a sharpie marker and color the front of the lens frame black?? same as a piece of sticker

skyhighdiver said:
Skipholiday said:

could one not just use a sharpie marker and color the front of the lens frame black?? same as a piece of sticker

I was thinking some flat matte black paint on the silver plastic part surrounding the camera lens. Has anyone tried this yet? It is easy to pull apart so you could get a good coat of spray on there. I just don't want to attempt if it's not going to help.

Or even some of this. Check the description.

http://www.amazon.com/Matte-Black-Nail- ... B004WD2UC2

"Matte Black Nail Polish made easy enough for a guy to apply" :lol:

I may try to cut out some black construction paper to fit between the filter and the filter holder. That should be less destructive for a first attempt.

gfredrone said:
I may try to cut out some black construction paper to fit between the filter and the filter holder. That should be less destructive for a first attempt.
I will do something similar.

Pull_Up said:
Coloradosky has some material he's going to test today/tomorrow and if it's all good there should be a custom, removable vinyl anti-glare sticker available soon for the non-DIYer from his company. If you want to DIY it then any non-reflective dark something should work cut to the correct size...

Great news!

Edit: Guess it helps to read the entire thread. Sorry for the duplicate thoughts.

Pull_Up said:
If it dries matte I suppose you could. Might impact on the re-sale value a little!

Ok I colored mine in matte black (looks even more like hal :evil: )

The weather here now is snowy so no check out flights for a few days
However as I colored in the lens face I notice that the shiny chrome ring right around the glass is beveled
And I am unable to get that without getting something on lens (not ok)
So unsure if that will be the true culprit of our reflections back onto filters or if main face is
if that ring is the issue then that becomes a problem as a sticker will not cover that and will be darn hard to cover without getting on lens .
Will hope that the black matte camera face solves the halo will check back when flights can be made

skyhighdiver said:
Pull_Up said:
If it dries matte I suppose you could. Might impact on the re-sale value a little!

Ok I colored mine in matte black (looks even more like hal :evil: )

The weather here now is snowy so no check out flights for a few days
However as I colored in the lens face I notice that the shiny chrome ring right around the glass is beveled
And I am unable to get that without getting something on lens (not ok)
So unsure if that will be the true culprit of our reflections back onto filters or if main face is
if that ring is the issue then that becomes a problem as a sticker will not cover that and will be darn hard to cover without getting on lens .
Will hope that the black matte camera face solves the halo will check back when flights can be made

I covered the chrome camera face with black photographer's foil. The lens hole I cut in the foil disk left that inner beveled edge surrounding the lens exposed. My test shots did not display any flair that I could detect.

[

[/quote]

I covered the chrome camera face with black photographer's foil. The lens hole I cut in the foil disk left that inner beveled edge surrounding the lens exposed. My test shots did not display any flair that I could detect.[/quote]

that's good to know so a sharpie should solve the problem and no cost, no weight, :D looks mean

Did you take pics into the sun at multiple angles? I just don't see how it wouldn't.

Using a filter must have been an afterthought profit center by DJI. I just don't understand the design concept behind the chrome bezel around the lens, and the light camera face. Yes it's purty, but I believe is a huge oversight for a "flying camera" using a filter setup.

Don't you love paying to be a beta tester, ;)

Just passing along a little Grip secret weapon, also handy for quick phone/tablet hoods and anything else you want black. Stick it on and trim with very sharp blade ;)
Shurtape-CP-743-Matte-Black-Paper-Tape-BLK260.jpg

http://www.findtape.com/product129/Permacel-P-743-Matte-Black-Paper-Tape.aspx

Can someone 3D print a new black camera faceplate?

Attachments

• fc200 camera face.jpg
    fc200 camera face.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 253
  • fc200 black faceplate.jpg
    fc200 black faceplate.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 306
You could just open up your camera, remove the front plate and paint it flat black.

For those of you who worry about such things, you could use metal primer first. :- p

I just don't want to do anything that can't easily be reverted to stock. Resale value for when the next one comes out! :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers