Legit training for Part 107?

Reaction score
Hello. I have been flying RC airplanes for about ten years and have taken the stick a time or two in my boss's single engine private plane but am in no way qualified to take the part 107 exam that I will be taking(as I have recently taken an interest in aerial photography). I have downloaded and printed the FAA study guide but I'm also looking for other sources of information as I understand the test is difficult for non Pilots. I am thinking about taking a course and came across this, but it seems too good to be true. But then again, I don't know much at all about this. Please take a look at this offer and tell me if you think it is legit, and would you do it if you were in my situation. (note the Phantom 3)

FAA Part 107 Drone Training- Includes Phantom 3 Bundle On 2 & 3 Day Classes ATLANTA

Last edited:
A look at what??

I'd personally take the Remote Pilot 101 course. Many non-pilots here have passed the test using the knowledge from that course. You can find some other FAA Part 107 study resources here.

Reactions: Helihover
Is this one any good? Its free and from what I have watched seems easy to follow.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Drone Certification Study Guide: FAA Part 107 sUAS Test

Tony & Chelsea Northrup

I am a none pilot also in Atlanta. I used the remote101 course and the test was very easy after that. Remote 101 gives lifetime access to the course so when it is time to retest in 2 years I can go back and brush up.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

This outfit claims "8 Hours of In Person Training By Instructors with a minimum of 30 years of aviation knowledge by certified Commercial Pilots".

First, having conducted in-person group sessions, I can tell you that you cannot adequately cover everything in 8 hours. The only way to do that is to blast through everything with no time for learning.
Second, they say "certified Commercial Pilots". If I was paying that kind of money I'd sure expect the instructors to be CFIs.

I used RemotePilot101.com and was very pleased with it. For $150, you get lifetime membership and updates.
Jason Schappert is a truly great instructor and knows his subject very well. I took his course and passed the test
with a 92% score in January 2017.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic